Board index PBase News 17-Dec Missing Images Update

News

17-Dec Missing Images Update

mascular

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:47 am

still waiting for a working system, still missing images still having very big images among my thumbnails ! :( :evil:

jerseygirl

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:49 am

Thank you :wink:
Linda

nitroimage

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:49 am

HAHA!! NITROIMAGE is back on-line with all our images restored, thanks for all your hard work Slug and gang!!

Blair

ronaldgjohnson

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:53 am

bonoman68 wrote:None of my images show; the whole site is down; 8TB caused all this???? sounds like very little memory; i hope this not what i think it is you guys have no back up; lets hope it will be resolved soon otherwise i am moving out :evil:

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

cliff0108

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:00 am

Very much appreciate your keeping us informed.

fishit

Thanks Chuck

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:04 am

Though the update to users is time consuming in itself, it is good to know what is happening. Your sleepless nights are appreciated.

fishit

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:06 am

bonoman68 wrote:None of my images show; the whole site is down; 8TB caused all this???? sounds like very little memory; i hope this not what i think it is you guys have no back up; lets hope it will be resolved soon otherwise i am moving out :evil:

*high five.

andrys

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:13 am

Just about 100% restored as far as I can see.

FanTAStic job, PBase folks!

Again, thanks for this latest update earlier today.

maurie_s

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:23 am

As of 6:15 pm California time, all of my thumbnails are back.

Having worked with computers from 1960 to retirement in 1992, I have some ideas about the amount of work that has been done to accomplish that.

I thank all of you.

A few years ago, a small display advertisememt appeared for a few days in the Los Angeles Times. It was placed by a pest control company. The message was something like this: "If we have an appointment with you, please call us. We lost our computer." Because of planning and work done in the past, that did not happen to Pbase.

When you get everything tidied up, I hope you celebrate. You deserve it.

Maurie S

jeansebc

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:23 am

all restored! thanks

tomfarr

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:24 am

I was confused because everyone was announcing success, while I continued to see broken images in MY gallery.

So I logged off, and browsed through all of my galleries and they all appear to be whole again, even after logging back on!

Thanks everyone at pBase and NetApp for all of your hard and frantic work!

:D :D :D

djwixx

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:35 am

ronaldgjohnson wrote:

Great response - I was thinking the same thing :lol:

I have spent too many sleepless nights dealing with the kind of thing slug and co are enduring, so I for one am going to accept that they are working their .... off, and will feel a great sense of relief when they're done.

It's funny - when the worst happens, the community gathers, and those not part of the community try to pull it apart!!!!!

smith_xt

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:41 am

All currently seems to be going fine now on my end.

amoxtli

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:48 am

All is well now. Just a little clean-up work. Made me look a all my galleries again. Next time, please give us updates every six hours or so, so we know something is being done.

Many thanks for all your work and happy holidays to everyone.

offtheradar

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:56 am

amoxtli wrote:Next time, please give us updates every six hours or so, so we know something is being done.

Let's hope there is no next time. :wink:

But if there is, I'd hope people extend the benefit of the doubt before concluding nothing is being done simply because we're not receiving hourly updates. Most of us have been here long enough to know two things: it will be fixed, and updates come when something significant has changed in the status of the situation.

It's nice to see all the happy campers again. :D

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News 17-Dec Missing Images Update