Board index PBase News 17-Dec Missing Images Update

News

17-Dec Missing Images Update

zackiedawg

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:37 pm

Thank you for the updates - glad to hear that resolution may be in sight soon. I've been very happy as a PBase member since Jun 2006. While this recent problem was an annoyance, I haven't lost anything permanently as I back up my photos several ways...and by the sound of things, virtually all lost photos should be up and restored once this issue is fixed.

My only question is related to uploads on Dec 15, 2007, when the catastrophic failures were first occurring or noticed. There was mention that some photos uploaded 'in recent minutes' may be lost and have to be reuploaded - do you have any approximate time frame during which photos were likely lost?

If I've got to reload 100 photos or so, I will - I'm certainly not complaining if that's the worst problem I'll have to face! But it would be nice to have an idea that all photos uploaded between approximately 'x' pm and 'y' pm will have to be reloaded...if you can provide this info.

Again, thank you for the updates, for working on this issue, for backing up your data, and for the great site.

arlon

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:38 pm

Thanks, I know you can't fix 8tb in 30 minutes. If you can fully recover within a week, my hats off to you guys. I don't think everyone here grasps the magnitude of a byte by byte system check/restore..

brchsc

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:42 pm

Thank you Slug. Cheers...BC

raphaels

Downed computers..

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:46 pm

Thanks for the update, I hope you have backups of these drives.
If you don't please let us know.
Hope all will be straightened out soon and good luck.

gary_stanley

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:52 pm

Pbase has become so much a part of our lives and it's tough to see it broken.
Thanks for the hard work to make it well again.

sandiwhi

Thanks for the update and for all your efforts!

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:52 pm

Thanks so much for the update and how hard you must be working on this problem. Something is bound to happen now and then with technology, especially at this level. I can't even imagine managing this volume of information. My hat is off to you. Pbase is wonderful, with a user friendly interface, loads of storage, lots of features to facilitate a sense of community.... Just be sure you stick around for a long, long time. Don't want to upload all these pics elsewhere anytime soon. :)) All the best with getting this problem resolved. Sandi

cassiar

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:53 pm

Still didn't loose my trust in PBase :)
Keep up the good work and thanks a lot for this update !

spdavis

WHEW !!!!

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:54 pm

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE . . . . PACING AND FINGERNAIL BITING HAVE NOW CEASED !!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL . . . . EVEN "SLUG" . . . {:-}

PAUL

busch

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:55 pm

Thanks for the update! My hats off to all of you!

BRAVO!

pawsforthought

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:58 pm

Thanks for all your hard work on our behalf. I think I can almost hear the sighs of relief out there now that we know what has happened fully, and that any losses are going to be limited in nature.

I love pbase, glad to see it is in capable hands.

Have a large drink on me, but not until you've got all the data restored!!

hellmann

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:59 pm

Thank you for the update and the hard work.

We know you give your best!!!!

Best regards

Juergen

clickaway

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:02 pm

Great to see you keeping us informed here - it is much appreciated by me and doubtless by others who are not posting here too.

Please keep up these good customer relations.

artguer

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:04 pm

tHANKS FOR THE UPDATE AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

american_imagery

Re: 17-Dec Missing Images Update

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:14 pm

slug wrote:Here's an update on the progress of fixing the problem of broken images.

You know, things break and people scramble (or should). However, very few have the courtesy to keep their clients informed.

You got my 5 stars!

Regards,
American Imagery

humbert

@ admin or moderator

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:16 pm

How long does it take!!! It will be 2 days now!

Impossible,...no reply from admins!!

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News 17-Dec Missing Images Update