Board index PBase News PBase Statistics page returns

News

PBase Statistics page returns

paninic

Re: PBase Statistics page returns

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:46 pm

Sorry, in fact I see this only on my first computor with Firefox and Vista...On my second computor with firefox and WXP it's nice

impalass

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:52 pm

Wow excellent job on this, it looks super and as you say has much more info. Thanks again to the Pbase team it was worth the wait.

Cheers...Mike

davidepstein

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:20 pm

great to have the stats back!

few things to look into:

the total views : did not change at all since September 24. but the statistics shows several HUNDREDS thousands views of images in the last few weeks.

one gallery shows zero views but the photos within the gallery showing hundreds of views.

something with calculations ?

besides that the stats look just fine!

bracciodiferro

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:39 pm

davidepstein wrote:great to have the stats back!

few things to look into:

the total views : did not change at all since September 24. but the statistics shows several HUNDREDS thousands views of images in the last few weeks.

one gallery shows zero views but the photos within the gallery showing hundreds of views.

The same thing happens to me!! :(
Paolo

goncaloferreira

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:07 pm

bracciodiferro wrote:
davidepstein wrote:great to have the stats back!

few things to look into:

The same thing happens to me!! :(
Paolo

Same here.

Cheers

michaelsv

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:56 pm

Great. S
Since all my possible question about total/image/gallery pages stats have been already answered, just want to say it's good to see Slug and other admins actively participating in this thread.

Happy Shooting
Michael
http://www.pbase.com/michaelsv

michaelsv

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:01 pm

One more thing.

I think the idea of the "news line" on profile page was a very good one. PBase should keep it for future use.
I also hope we will see there more good news/updates coming frequently.

Happy Shooting
Michael
http://www.pbase.com/michaelsv

billinchapelhill

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:05 pm

Thanks pB so for getting this improved page back.

I use Google Chrome and the new page formatting is not showing up. Instead I a thin display on the far right with small images with the bar stats with tiny bars are below like several others report. The new formatting does show up (and looks great) when I bring it up using IE and looks really good. Can you look at this page with Google Chrome and improve the formatting?

Total hit count on Profile Page still has not updated. Is this going to be repaired?

Thanks
Bill Warren

gtepke

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:10 pm

Thanks for all the work on restoring and improving stats. They look good in Firefox 3.5.5. However, if I click on a date to the left of the bars, nothing happens, so I cannot see the Most Viewed images and galleries on any date other than the current date. The dates are just text, not links. Javascript is enabled - the clock links to the hourly stats work.

Re future enhancements to stats, Slug said "But we'll almost certainly have weekly and/or monthly totals fairly soon." Is it possible to add all-time Most Viewed images and galleries, i.e., the images and galleries with the most cumulative views since the image was uploaded or the gallery created? I know these stats are available on each individual gallery and image page, but if I want to know which are my most viewed photos of all time, I have to look at the count for each photo and figure it out myself - not very practical if you have thousands of photos uploaded. Perhaps this would be too much of a load on the stats server, but you are already collecting and displaying the data, so it would just be a matter of sorting and displaying the top 11 (or whatever number you choose) on a single page. Thanks for considering this.

Glen

costi

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the new statistics pages. I've got 2 remarks / observations.

1. The accumulative figure on the my Profile page did not change since Sept. 24th {("These pages have been viewed a total of 1560683 times. (view full statistics)"}

2. The blue bar showing the hits is too dark and the figures can not be read properly.
Jacky Costi
http://www.costi.name
Casio Exilim Z1050
NIKON D800
Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF AF-S DX
Nikkor AF-S MICRO 105mm 1:2.8G ED
Sigma 70 300 f4/5.6 APO macro super II

jaapblom

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:44 pm

I will make 2 remarks concerning the "edit-gallery-page" :
First:
Jaap Blom | profile | root gallery >> Display this Gallery tree view | thumbnails

Vlinders / Butterflies (4665968)

What does the number 4665968 mean following the name of the gallery? It will certainly not be the number of images in the gallery or hitcounts.

Second:
The number of hitcounts ot the individual photographs shown in the edit-gallery-page are the same as on sept-24th> They seem not to be updated.

artguer

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:48 pm

costi wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the new statistics pages. I've got 2 remarks / observations.

1. The accumulative figure on the my Profile page did not change since Sept. 24th {("These pages have been viewed a total of 1560683 times. (view full statistics)"}

2. The blue bar showing the hits is too dark and the figures can not be read properly.

Hit the refresh button I think it will solve your problem.
http://www.pbase.com/artguer
Arto

tim32225

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:54 pm

The number you see (4665968) I think is the gallery number. It's always been there in edit gallery mode, but you probably just never noticed it. I think it's the ID of the gallery, just as the images also have numerical IDs.

jaapblom wrote:I will make 2 remarks concerning the "edit-gallery-page" :
First:
Jaap Blom | profile | root gallery >> Display this Gallery tree view | thumbnails

Vlinders / Butterflies (4665968)

What does the number 4665968 mean following the name of the gallery? It will certainly not be the number of images in the gallery or hitcounts.

Second:
The number of hitcounts ot the individual photographs shown in the edit-gallery-page are the same as on sept-24th> They seem not to be updated.

canonball

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:24 pm

Stats look nice, seem to work fine, however, the total view count on my profile page has not changed since the outage. Wassup?
Thanks for all your efforts. I recently re-upped my membership.
Regards,
Gordon

gstvincent

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:31 pm

Dear PBase staff,

Your new stats pages look very good and give more precise details on stats. Looks like your recuperated well from a bad event and turn it around for the better. You did a good job.
Also, I hope the old method will come back as it was before. It’s very useful to see the hit counts on each photo of each gallery in order to take note of the most popular photos. The same applies to the total number of pages viewed on the profile page. It’s a number, but it gives quickly the global information.
If these come back as they were, your stats pages will be very complete. I don’t know what you could add, maybe some sort of monthly or yearly summary for galleries and photos, things like that.

Keep on your good work.

Guy

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News PBase Statistics page returns