Board index PBase News New Edit Page

News

New Edit Page

pinemikey

Re: New Edit Page

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:39 am

I'm glad for the changes and all, but this would happen after I made the decision to buy a netbook...which is great for portability, but the screen is small and I really can't appreciate the look. I'll see on Monday when I go back to work and see the edit page on the big monitor.

The drag and drop from the desktop would be nice but I think most people are assuming too much if they think it's an easy addition. Even Google docs has a drag and drop but with still an "upload" button and they are the leading edge for the push for cloud computing. My crowd at work blocks Google docs, so it may be an uphill battle to separate us from our hard drives.

fattebert

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:54 am

only one thing : when you want to write a title, there is not enough room to read what you are writing if it's more than two words...

beside this, it is a great evolution, so smooth to handle !
Thank you :-)

fredericmercier

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:06 am

imopen

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:24 am

good work, finally! :D

I'm going to test it during this we :wink:

mardoli

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:52 am

fattebert wrote:only one thing : when you want to write a title, there is not enough room to read what you are writing if it's more than two words...

beside this, it is a great evolution, so smooth to handle !
Thank you :-)

I agree.
It would be much better in my opinion if the case for the picture title and the case for the caption or for gallery description were a little longer in order to see better what one is writing there.
I think it’s possible to do that rather easily and it would not upset the aspect of the edit page at all.
Thanks for considering this suggestion.
Best
Marisa
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

mardoli

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:02 am

zackiedawg wrote:Question/comment: I was unable to notice any way to leave the edit mode and go directly back to a gallery in normal viewing mode. There is the 'eye' icon on the left which allows one to view the current gallery, but it opens as a new window for me (IE8) - the edit window has to then be closed. In the old edit mode, the path bar remained along the top allowing you to click on the gallery name and switch the page over to normal gallery viewing in the same window. Is this some function which exists elsewhere and I missed it, or would there be a possibility of adding/restoring the ability to leave the edit mode and return to gallery view?

I’m aware we might all have slightly different preferences or priorities.
For example I have not any interest at all in getting uploader for mobile devices, which seems to be so fundamental for other members of PBase, but I hope they can get it if it doesn’t interfere with the habits of people who don’t have this need.
On the other hand I fully support Zackiedawg’s request, I would like this options for sure, since I don’t like to get another window open when I want to switch from edit mode to gallery or photo view.
But I suppose a beta version is made exactly for the purpose to test it and to see to find a suitable compromise among all users’ wishes and needs.
I’m happy to see all PBase management engaged in these improvements.
In all cases I would have never left PBase.
Thank you
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

yabba

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:32 pm

I took a quick look at the new edit page and so far I like it.

ramseyd

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Nice changes - inspired me to upgrade to IE9! :D

jgoulden

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:38 pm

Looks good but didn't see expanded upload view or batch edit of title, captions, camera, lens data etc. These are all important and critical functions. I tried the link to original edit mode and these functions were still missing.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:27 pm

jgoulden wrote:Looks good but didn't see expanded upload view or batch edit of title, captions, camera, lens data etc. These are all important and critical functions. I tried the link to original edit mode and these functions were still missing.

Expanded upload is still available. The upload tab allows you to keep selecting more files to upload instead of needing to switch specifically into expanded upload view. If you select one file, you should see that the select/browse button is still there and a message to select another file. You can keep selecting more and more files and then click the upload button when you are ready.

Batch edit is there. If you select multiple images in the Contents tab, you will see the Edit Image tab turn into an Edit Images tab, which lets you do batch updates of the selected images.

Selecting multiple images in the Contents tab:
- To select multiple images that are grouped together:
- Click the first image, and shift+click the last image of the group
- To select multiple images that are not grouped together:
- Mac: command + click the images
- Windows: ctrl + click the images

I hope this helps.
-Emily

bobsnyderphotography

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:32 pm

:D Drag and drop feature is very nice. Looking forward to using beta version to create a new gallery soon.

petolino

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:46 pm

Thanks for a great improvement. I have one feature request: in the drag-and-drop edit window, can you arrange the thumbnails into the same number of rows and columns as the gallery page? This would make it a little easier to visualize the results of resequencing.

-Joe

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:16 pm

petolino wrote:Thanks for a great improvement. I have one feature request: in the drag-and-drop edit window, can you arrange the thumbnails into the same number of rows and columns as the gallery page? This would make it a little easier to visualize the results of resequencing.

-Joe

We want people to be able to take full advantage of their screen size when editing. You could always make your browser window more narrow or adjust the width of your gallery tree area until the columns of thumbnails matches what you want in your gallery.

You can adjust the width of your gallery tree by clicking the line between the left tree section and the right contents/settings section and dragging right or left depending on what you want to do. If you have a lot of nested galleries, you might find this very useful.

-Emily

rjpfm

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:29 am

why changing?
I like the old format
One thing for me will be great is to upload more than 23 pictures at the time?
Rjpfm

borisalex

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:28 am

Excellent for the drag and drop tool, much needed feature!

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News New Edit Page