Board index PBase News New Edit Page

News

New Edit Page

rsbfotos

Re: SLIDE SHOW PROBLEM !!

Post Tue May 10, 2011 12:06 pm

parpho wrote:Just played all your slide shows, using Chrome, and no blue borders appeared. Either it has been fixed or it is local.
Michael

dougj wrote:
I looked at the images that comprise 2 slide shows, I didn't see blue borders on these images. Perhaps posting a screen capture would help.

My apologies to you Doug (dougj) and to Michael (parpho). Computers are really beyond me; it was apparently "local", though I don't understand how.
After noticing the problem, I had gone in and out of pbase a number of times as well as turning my computer on and off many times.

In my attempt to grab a screen capture as you suggested, I wanted to use the 1st slide show image, so after the slideshow started I hit refresh to have the slideshow begin again. [gets splinters while scratching head vigorously.] The problem is now gone.

Thank you both for your willingness to assistance.
---------------------------------------------------
rsbfotos
You can't see the forest when you sneeze.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SLIDE SHOW PROBLEM !!

Post Tue May 10, 2011 3:08 pm

10kzoomfz wrote:My apologies to you Doug (dougj) and to Michael (parpho). Computers are really beyond me; it was apparently "local", though I don't understand how.
After noticing the problem, I had gone in and out of pbase a number of times as well as turning my computer on and off many times.

In my attempt to grab a screen capture as you suggested, I wanted to use the 1st slide show image, so after the slideshow started I hit refresh to have the slideshow begin again. [gets splinters while scratching head vigorously.] The problem is now gone.

Thank you both for your willingness to assistance.

It was a problem with the browser caching an old version of the site-wide stylesheet.

ckirby
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Re: New Edit Page

Post Tue May 10, 2011 3:26 pm

merriwolf wrote:1. It would be great to have a way to delete GPS data from a file, or at least a way to hide it. I keep forgetting to delete it before uploading and then realize it only when I see the 'view map' show up on the file's page and either have to leave it or delete that file and reupload one with the GPS data removed. Would be much better to simply have a way to delete it or hide it on PBase.

To help with accidentally uploaded GPS EXIF data we have added a checkbox next to all of the upload buttons to indicate whether or not you want the image to be automatically geotagged. This is a sticky setting, so if you never/always want this geotagging to occur you will only have to set it once.

Furthermore, you can now remove the geotag from photos via the 'Edit Image(s)' tab.

merriwolf

Post Wed May 11, 2011 12:33 pm

ckirby wrote:To help with accidentally uploaded GPS EXIF data we have added a checkbox next to all of the upload buttons to indicate whether or not you want the image to be automatically geotagged. This is a sticky setting, so if you never/always want this geotagging to occur you will only have to set it once.

Furthermore, you can now remove the geotag from photos via the 'Edit Image(s)' tab.

That's wonderful! Thanks very much.

crisscross

Post Thu May 12, 2011 10:27 am

crisscross wrote:(c) didn't have before, but any chance of retaining the original file name somewhere?

I have discovered the answer to this ie if you drag an image back off from pbase to home computer, the file no contains the original as well as the pbase image no :D

bbernstein

Post Wed May 25, 2011 12:42 pm

I'm sold. This is much more intuitive than the original edit page. Now how about doing something similar with style sheets!

azicit

Post Thu May 26, 2011 5:56 pm

Excellent!!! Saves me sooooooo much time. A Million Thanks!! I just might upload more stuff

kathymansfield

Post Fri May 27, 2011 10:52 am

New system is great! I wonder when uploading if it would be possible to highlight several images in a file, instead of putting them up one at a time. A colleague can do that and it would save a large amount of time! KATHY

gtepke

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Thanks for the new edit page - much faster to use once you get the hang of it. One bug I've found: When editing images, if I select one of my lenses from the drop-down list, it is not added to the information below the photo on the page, or at least is not displayed. I have to use the old edit page to add the lens. The camera body selection works fine in the new edit page. I am running Windows 7 Professional w/ Service Pack 1 and Firefox 4.0.1. Thanks.

Glen Tepke

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:46 pm

gtepke wrote:Thanks for the new edit page - much faster to use once you get the hang of it. One bug I've found: When editing images, if I select one of my lenses from the drop-down list, it is not added to the information below the photo on the page, or at least is not displayed. I have to use the old edit page to add the lens. The camera body selection works fine in the new edit page. I am running Windows 7 Professional w/ Service Pack 1 and Firefox 4.0.1. Thanks.

Glen Tepke

Hi Glen,
Thanks for pointing that out to us. We got it fixed.
-Emily

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:41 pm

Line breaks < br > in image titles are now working in the new Edit Tool. You should be able to use them in all image title areas (Contents, Batch Update, Edit Image, Non Drag-n-Drop).

-Emily

enjayel

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:06 pm

emily wrote:Line breaks < br > in image titles are now working in the new Edit Tool. You should be able to use them in all image title areas (Contents, Batch Update, Edit Image, Non Drag-n-Drop).

-Emily

Thanks Emily & Jehan!

gtepke

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:56 am

emily wrote:
gtepke wrote:Thanks for the new edit page - much faster to use once you get the hang of it. One bug I've found: When editing images, if I select one of my lenses from the drop-down list, it is not added to the information below the photo on the page, or at least is not displayed. I have to use the old edit page to add the lens. The camera body selection works fine in the new edit page. I am running Windows 7 Professional w/ Service Pack 1 and Firefox 4.0.1. Thanks.

Glen Tepke

Hi Glen,
Thanks for pointing that out to us. We got it fixed.
-Emily

Thank you. Glen

ingotkfr

Post Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:18 am

Hi, I do like the new edit page a lot, I found two small bugs (I think). Running Win7 with Firefox 5.

1 - There's a bug when selecting pictures for copying from one gallery to another.
I have selected 'move' as default and copy using shift. When I select several pictures to copy them to a new gallery, the following will happen:
(a) I drag the pictures to the new gallery, when the mouse pointer is on the new gallery,I stop, press shift and release - all is fine
(b) I press shift while still moving the mouse pointer (even only a tiny little bit), then all pictures between the first marked and the last marked also get selected and copied. This also happens when the mouse pointer is already out of the gallery frame.

2 - When I edit an image title and add an html tag, say <i> </i> in the new tool, it won't be taken into account. However it works in the old way.

A suggestion would be to allow a general option to always show all items in all galleries in the edit page. It's kind of annoying to always have to press on 'load remaining images'.

Ingo Waschkies

phillipn

Post Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 pm

The new edit page is a great improvement - I have a couple of minor problems/frustrations though. Maybe it's just my browser - Safari on XP - as I don't see anyone mentioning the same problems?

1. When I use the new page (or the new 'original' edit page - which isn't - if you see what I mean :D ) to create a new gallery, I can tick the box to make the new gallery my PaD gallery but it doesn't work. It's always left as it was. I have to use the original original edit pages to set my PaD gallery.

2. When uploading using the new drag-drop pages, my 'camera body' info defaults to the correct name, but the type is always 'Other' rather than 'From List' - this causes the camera body on the photo pages to display as plain text rather than a link to the camera page. If it makes any difference, the camera is a Canon EOS 5D. Also, I cannot change it from 'Other' to 'From List' if that's the only change I make on the page - it tells me I haven't changed anything - so I have to change something else as well to make it work.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News New Edit Page