Board index PBase News iPhone and iPad app

News

iPhone and iPad app

tull777

Re: iPhone and iPad app

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:12 am

Finely had success in loading images to my pBase inbox. I created a gallery called" iPad Photos" and every time I try to upload images to it... "Invalid Destination Gallery".

Please Help!

mikelong

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:55 am

I'm SO GLAD I don't use these devices!

sthuman

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:18 pm

I'm still having problems with orientation of images. It turns everything sideways and stretches any portrait oriented image. Rotating it afterwards rotates the original, though it is still stretched, but doesn't rotate any of the other sizes. The thumbnail is correct, but the photo isn't after rotation. Anyone have any ideas of a fix? I'm leaving for Maui in two days and would love to be able to reliably upload from iPhone and iPad.

yardbird

Post Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:01 pm

Finely had success in loading images to my pBase inbox. I created a gallery called" iPad Photos" and every time I try to upload images to it... "Invalid Destination Gallery".

Please Help!

Tull77 - you should use the gallery name not the gallery description. The gallery name won't have any spaces.

jypsee

Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:17 am

Is there a problem with the app? I go to choose photos and there's a page where I'm supposed to choose from albums and the app doesn't see any album; clicking "reload" does nothing. BTW, I never "allow" locations and pressed "don't allow" when the updated (?) app asked me earlier today. Could that be the problem?

jypsee

Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:01 am

jypsee wrote:Is there a problem with the app? I go to choose photos and there's a page where I'm supposed to choose from albums and the app doesn't see any album; clicking "reload" does nothing. BTW, I never "allow" locations and pressed "don't allow" when the updated (?) app asked me earlier today. Could that be the problem?

Too bad there's no edit function here; it was the damn location thing!

krancer

Post Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:01 pm

A few moments ago I downloaded the app on my iPhone 4 (running iOS 5). No tagging option. No folders/images visible.

ckirby
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:23 pm

Make sure you have location services enabled for the PB Uploader app. Go into Settings > Location Services, next to PB Uploader is a switch that needs to be set to On.

fvachss

Post Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Any version for Android phones available?

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:23 pm

We are working on the Android app.
-Emily

sthuman

Post Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:54 am

emily wrote:We are working on the Android app.
-Emily

Now that the Android App is out in the wild, please convince ckirby (or whoever) to work on fixing a couple bugs in the iOS version of the uploader app! It works well on iPad, or as far as I can tell it does, but on iPhone4 it still uploads iPhone photos in the wrong orientation. And when they get rotated Going to the edit pages via Safari on iOS devices, i.e. iPhone, they can't be rotated) they are an odd size/aspect size. It renders the app virtually useless on iPhone4 (Or maybe I am the only one with the problem?)

After quite a long time of no one doing anything to improve this service, its refreshing to see you all working on bringing it into the more modern age of mobile devices and features! Keep up the great work.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:10 pm

sthuman wrote:It works well on iPad, or as far as I can tell it does, but on iPhone4 it still uploads iPhone photos in the wrong orientation. And when they get rotated Going to the edit pages via Safari on iOS devices, i.e. iPhone, they can't be rotated) they are an odd size/aspect size. It renders the app virtually useless on iPhone4 (Or maybe I am the only one with the problem?)

You should now be able to rotate images with Safari on iOS devices. As for why the iPhone photos are not properly oriented while the iPad images are... we are working on figuring this out.

-Emily

isabel95

Re: iPhone and iPad appCnot working

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:00 am

When I go into my photo library to choose an image the screen closes after I tap on an image.

The app worked just fine when I first tried it a couple of days ago.

Isabel

arachnol

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:04 am

PBase Viewer” for iPad and iPhone is out in Apple Appstore:http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pbase-viewer/id507797401?ls=1&mt=8

iPads and even iPhones are excellent portable devices to showcase PBase galleries. However, if you use a browser page to view pictures, there are usually other screen elements which take away precious space and distract from the picture. Moreover, on small screens tapping the next or previous buttons can be very fiddly.

To answer these questions, AppPear have created PBase Viewer, a dedicated gesture-driven full-screen app:

• The screen won’t have the distracting elements of browser programs (full-screen-browser view)
• Photos can be seen in native-full-frame mode: longer dimension of the picture (no frames) fills longer dimension of actual orientation. Orientation can be changed by turning. Unfilled parts are black
• Gesture navigation in both view modes
• Gesture navigation is done by swipes and taps on large tapping areas
• Download images by gesture
• Convenient help screen describes gestures and other functions (REACHED BY THE (i) INFO BUTTON)
• Dedicated hideable toolbar takes to PBase.com or to your profile page and controls view mode
• Your PBase account can be given in settings. The program then will start up on your main PBase page
• Program can be started on main PBase.com page, or you can navigate there via the tool bar, giving you access to popular an PAD galleries, forum and search function
• Browse photos all over the PBase universe in the view mode of your liking
• Comment on, vote for or download (if allowed) your favorite images

Known issues:

Browsing forward or backwards will not work when cache is not available. That can occur on returning native-full-frame view to full-screen-browsing view, if navigation occurred in previous mode.

The app intently works only under the pbase.com domain. Either pbase.com or pbase.com/user must be given in the settings. In former the application starts with the pbase.com home page, in latter case with the user PBase main page.

Some areas of the full-screen-browsing page may be hidden from ordinary tapping by navigation tapping areas. This can occur with landscape image comments or voting. In such cases pinch zooming on the required link will move the link out of the hiding tapping area, and the link can be tapped.

This product uses the PBase web interface but is not endorsed or certified by PBase. PBase is copyright © of pbase.com LLC.

The app was created by AppPear (András Samu), idea: Ferenc Samu (http://www.pbase.com/arachnol)

Support and info:
[url]Info.apppear@gmail.com[/url]

Blogged at:http://apppear.blogspot.com/

jypsee

Re: iPhone and iPad app not working

Post Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:59 am

I'm having this same problem; anyone else???? It seems to be just my iPad and either the app closes/crashes when I choose a photo (especially the last photo in my "camera roll" which is the only album that the Pbase uploader accesses) or if I touch an image the app chooses the one next to it. I don't use my iPad to make photos, but I do use the SD card reader to load and edit photos on it for upload to -- well, Pbase. Could you PLEASE fix this???

isabel95 wrote:When I go into my photo library to choose an image the screen closes after I tap on an image.

The app worked just fine when I first tried it a couple of days ago.

Isabel

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News iPhone and iPad app