Board index PBase News Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

News

Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 745

Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:37 pm


Hello Everybody,

We have updated the Recent Galleries, Popular Galleries/Photos, Random Photos, and PaD pages at http://www.pbase.com/galleries Aside from an updated look, you now get 12 images per page instead of 8. You can also use your left and right arrow keys to move to the previous / next page. Along with these visible changes, there have also been a lot of back-end changes to improve performance and keep people from monopolizing pages.

Changes to what appears on the Recent Uploads page:
The page is constantly updating as new uploads come in.
No more than one gallery per account is listed.
If you upload and already had a gallery added to the list recently, you do not get bumped up on the list. If you are uploading normally and not trying to monopolize the recent galleries, this really should not affect you.
Clicking on the artist's name will take you to his/her personal recent galleries page.
* edit: There is no limit on the how many galleries an account can have listed, but a gallery can only be added to the top of the list a couple of times per day.

Changes to Popular Galleries / Photos:
If you are comfortable with Not Safe For Work (nsfw) content, you can go to your account settings at http://www.pbase.com/account?view=options and adjust your content filtering to display galleries that have been flagged NSFW.

Changes to PaD:
If you upload a new PaD photo and already have a recent one in the list, you will not be bumped up on the list. Again, this is to prevent people from monopolizing the PaD pages with many uploads to their PaD galleries each day.

As always, we hope you enjoy the new pages, and your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
The PBase Team

chezzy
 
Posts: 42

Re: Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:04 pm


Where can I find my favourit artists.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 745

Re: Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:20 pm


The Your Favorites link has now been added to the left menu.

Thanks,
Emily

wietsej
 
Posts: 18

Re: Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:16 pm


There is a bug in recent uploads. If you look a lot of pages and you want to see a gallery, after finishing you don't go back to that page but you go to the first page. So you have to start al over again

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 745

Re: Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:54 pm


wietsej wrote:There is a bug in recent uploads. If you look a lot of pages and you want to see a gallery, after finishing you don't go back to that page but you go to the first page. So you have to start al over again


OK, we fixed it to update the browser's address bar when you change pages. The javascript that does this should work with all current browser versions. If it's not working for you, try shift + refresh. If it still doesn't work, let us know your operating system and browser, including operating system.

Emily

cmarsh
 
Posts: 1

Re: Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:00 pm


The captions under the photographs are out of alignment.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 745

Re: Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:27 pm


cmarsh wrote:The captions under the photographs are out of alignment.


How are they out of alignment? What operating system and browser (including version) are you using? If you could upload a screenshot of what you are seeing, that would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Emily

mccartney
 
Posts: 96

Re: Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:36 am


He is correct Emily, this is still happening - after clicking on a thumbnail to view the image and then clicking on the browsers back button, you go all the way back to the very newest images.
I don't believe this happened before - I think you returned to the page of recent thumbnails that you had been looking at.
I am using Windows XP and Internet Explorer 8
Thanks
Barry
wietsej wrote:There is a bug in recent uploads. If you look a lot of pages and you want to see a gallery, after finishing you don't go back to that page but you go to the first page. So you have to start al over again
Barry McCartney Photography - http://www.pbase.com/mccartney

ac
 
Posts: 240

Re: Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:50 am


What is a normal way ? What is monopolize.

How many minutes must I wait before posting a new photo ?
How many hours maybe ?

Unclear.

bracciodiferro
 
Posts: 42

Re: Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:38 am


In the "Popular Photos",in the author's name,only one line is displayed.
S.O. Win 7,Browser Google Chrome.
THX,
Paolo

denniswarren
 
Posts: 550

Re: Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:09 pm


Well, thank you...you have helped me make my deciion about renewing...I won't be. Yesterday, with the new format I wished to comment, but every time I changed views I was required to login..at which point I was redirected to my basic view of recent galleries...change view...relogin..redirected. Get some programing help before you start changing everything !!!

bracciodiferro
 
Posts: 42

Re: Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Hi!
Please add,on the left menu, the shortcut to the dashboard page for the connected user,it's better and faster,I think....
Thanks again...
Paolo

lrdtalon
 
Posts: 1

Re: Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:54 pm


When viewing the various galleries it doesn't remember my login information. I click the gallery tab at the top and there is always the login button in the upp left. Windows XP IE 8...

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 745

Re: Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:24 pm


mccartney wrote:He is correct Emily, this is still happening - after clicking on a thumbnail to view the image and then clicking on the browsers back button, you go all the way back to the very newest images.
I don't believe this happened before - I think you returned to the page of recent thumbnails that you had been looking at.
I am using Windows XP and Internet Explorer 8
Thanks
Barry

We've got it working for older versions of IE8 now.

lrdtalon wrote:When viewing the various galleries it doesn't remember my login information. I click the gallery tab at the top and there is always the login button in the upp left. Windows XP IE 8...

We fixed this bug. The menu will now show you properly logged in when you are.

bracciodiferro wrote:Hi!
Please add,on the left menu, the shortcut to the dashboard page for the connected user,it's better and faster,I think....
Thanks again...
Paolo

We didn't put a link to the dashboard on the left since the home button in the top menu always takes you to your dashboard. You probably didn't have the "Home" button before because of a little bug that is now fixed.

ac wrote:What is a normal way ? What is monopolize.

How many minutes must I wait before posting a new photo ?
How many hours maybe ?

Unclear.

Some people go to special efforts to keep a gallery listed in the first few pages of the recent uploads. Our filters will prevent this. If you just upload when you have photos ready, you will show up in the recent uploads pages for having recent activity. Visitors can quickly view the gallery in the list and get to the list of your other recent updates.

Thanks,
Emily

ellisonphotography
 
Posts: 54

Re: Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:39 pm


emily wrote:
ac wrote:What is a normal way ? What is monopolize.

How many minutes must I wait before posting a new photo ?
How many hours maybe ?

Unclear.

Some people go to special efforts to keep a gallery listed in the first few pages of the recent uploads. Our filters will prevent this. If you just upload when you have photos ready, you will show up in the recent uploads pages for having recent activity. Visitors can quickly view the gallery in the list and get to the list of your other recent updates.

Thanks,
Emily


So, even if we post a picture in one gallery and then say ten minutes later another picture into another gallery the second gallery does not show up in the recent uploads.
I think us members - without stating that we want to monopolise - deserve a real answer to ac's question: how many minutes or hours before a second gallery shows up after posting into a first one??

Next

Board index PBase News Updates to Public Pages - Recent, Popular, Random, PaD

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot and 2 guests