Board index PBase News Keyboard Shortcuts

News

Keyboard Shortcuts

pinemikey

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts

Post Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:56 pm

Interesting feature of a new Chrome extension with our Pbase pages. The extension is called FastestChrome and it preloads links and what happens is that you can effortlessly scroll through your image gallery pages or separate pages of your galleries. I'm not sure if it's the extension on its own or in conjunction with Pbase's next/previous feature but looking through galleries and image pages just got a whole lot easier.

rsbfotos

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:20 am

10kzoomfz wrote:
10kzoomfz wrote:
10kzoomfz wrote:W7 Home Premium, ver. 6.1 (Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)
IE 8 ver. 8.0.7601.17514.

Wed Aug 22,2012, 14:22 EDST -- Still does not work.

Today -Friday, Sept. 14, 2012 3:15PM ESDT

Still Not Working!

Today - Sunday, Sept. 30, 2012, 0:20 ESDT
Still Not Working! -- but
To be perfectly honest, I'm getting along fine without this new feature. I consider it inconsequential to PBase, especially when compared to other PBase functions that are never kept up to date, or do not or never have worked properly.
My last word on this subject, not in anger or displeasure; simply an opinion stemmed from observation.
---------------------------------------------------
rsbfotos
You can't see the forest when you sneeze.

ac

Post Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:04 am

LOL 10kzoomfz !
Thank you.

heez10

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:07 am

One last note from me: the feature still not working for my galleries, this one is from the "recent" page and they work, please Emily, analize what is the difference!
New one
http://www.pbase.com/cendres/image/146405255

dct

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:44 pm

heez10 wrote:One last note from me: the feature still not working for my galleries, this one is from the "recent" page and they work, please Emily, analize what is the difference!
New one

Tested with my Firefox 15.0.1 and laptop display set to 1366x768: it works on your gallery.

dct

Post Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:47 pm

(Of course using "Large". Using "Original" Firefox scrolls correctly the image, as native function, and doesn't skip to the next image. As I would expect.)

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:33 pm

heez10 wrote:One last note from me: the feature still not working for my galleries, this one is from the "recent" page and they work, please Emily, analize what is the difference!
New one

Could you take a screenshot and email it to me for a look?
Thanks,
Emily - emily@pbase.com

heez10

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:47 pm

I have given up on the arrows, maybe the solution would be arrows on the right and left edges of the pictures, like you find in other sites
(< picture >). Much easier to click on than having to go back to "previous"!

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:09 pm

heez10 wrote:I have given up on the arrows, maybe the solution would be arrows on the right and left edges of the pictures, like you find in other sites
(< picture >). Much easier to click on than having to go back to "previous"!

Try to pay attention to the image size when arrow keys work/don't work. I did notice that there is no original size of this image - http://www.pbase.com/danpolley/image/139967706 - which you said does work for you. It's possible it's not working when original images are too wide. A screenshot of a non-working page would be helpful, too. You can email it directly to me - emily@pbase.com

Thanks,
Emily

heez10

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:38 am

Emily I don't know what you have done but mine are all working tonite, I tried recent, oldest ones ,original or mediums, all working. It is amazing, hope it will stay this way, such a nice feature. A big THANK YOU!!!!!
Hernan :D

heez10

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:58 am

Four days later, still working,THANKS AGAIN! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:15 pm

We made a change to the way we force browsers to get a new version of javascript and stylesheets. I think your browser was still using an old version that it had cached until the new method forced it to download the new version with changes. In any case, Horray! I'm so glad it's working for you now. If anybody is still having issues, please let us know.
Thanks,
Emily

mccartney

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:56 pm

emily wrote:We made a change to the way we force browsers to get a new version of javascript and stylesheets. I think your browser was still using an old version that it had cached until the new method forced it to download the new version with changes. In any case, Horray! I'm so glad it's working for you now. If anybody is still having issues, please let us know.
Thanks,
Emily

Still not working for me using
IE8.0.6001.18702
Win XP - SP3

Does however work fine with Firefox and Safari
Barry McCartney Photography - http://www.pbase.com/mccartney

mikelong

Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:22 am

It's sporadically very slow this past week, both for uploads (30 seconds to a minute for one 400kb image), and for expanding thumbnails (30 seconds today).
When I experience these problems I open another browser (Firefox) and test edit on my Flickr page - it always functions normally.
That said, the problems likely originate with pbase

Previous

Board index PBase News Keyboard Shortcuts