News

New Mail

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Mail

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Hey Guys,

We haven't forgotten about this. We are still tracking down the culprit of the incorrect mailbox counts. Thank you for your patience while we dig.

Thanks,
Emily

merriwolf

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:43 pm

Appears to now be fixed.

helenpb

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:56 pm

I haven't seen any other comments about this, but I am finding it takes an inordinately long time to open mail -- I was watching the clock once, and it was about five minutes. Up to three minutes is pretty routine, and this happens in both Firefox and Safari. I have no problem opening anything else on Pbase, it's pretty instantaneous. I too keep seeing the negative messages note, plus when there is a notification of an unread message, it rarely gives the correct number (i.e., it will say I have one unread message when I really have two).

I can put up with most of this, but the incredibly long time to open messages is a huge bother.

pegsam

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:40 am

emily wrote:Hello Everybody,

We have just put the new mail on the live site after a very long run on beta. It has an upgraded look and various improvements to make it generally easier to use and do what you want.

As always, if you experience any problems, please let us know your operating system and browser, including version numbers.

Enjoy!
Emily and The PBase Team

Bleh, bleh, bleh. Can't get to some Pmails, showing negative numbers of Pmails unread. Painfully slow. Seems like beta test is going on now.

Problems experienced with Safari on OS X Mavericks v 10.9 and Safari on iOS 7 and Firefox 21 on Windows 7. Basically, same problems no matter what platform I use.

Time to post my PBase sucks (again) photo ---- again.

bassrock

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:30 am

helenpb wrote:I haven't seen any other comments about this, but I am finding it takes an inordinately long time to open mail -- I was watching the clock once, and it was about five minutes.

Same here, I have several messages I haven't read yet because they just don't open or take many minutes to open.

Still getting minus numbers too.

isabel95

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:24 am

I am up to -11.

amoxtli wrote:Meanwhile, I have increased to "You have -6 unread messages waiting."

bassrock

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Why does the new mail have to list all of the messages from a person, instead of just the latest one ?
I am sure this is why it is so slow to open messages, because the system has to go and find all messages and associated thumbnails.
I don't need to see a whole history every time, just the last message someone sent to me.

jolka

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:07 pm

I get all the problems mentioned by other Pbasers:

- Two days ago I had a notification about 5 new PMs while there were only 2. After I opened and read them, still -2 unread show up since then.

- Opening of the messages takes some 3-5 minutes.

- The whole PM history of my correspondence with the person show up, which I don't need at the moment. Though, it might be useful sometimes to get back to older PMs from some user, so why just make it possible some other way?

mardoli

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:56 am

If, instead of selecting the message and to click on it to open it, you simply click on the on the small + on the right of the sender name you'll see just the text of the last message and it will get open in a second.
The problem is if you try to open the message, as in the old mail system, because it opens all the conversation of which this last message is part; if you have many messages in that conversation obviously it will take a longer time to get open.
I hope it can help
Best
Marisa
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi All,

Those conversations are all becoming cached and will then be really fast to load. Currently, if it's the first time you've loaded a conversation between you and that person, it will be slower and will then be in the cache and faster. We will work on pre-caching conversations so that you all do not experience the slowness.

Thanks,
Emily

bassrock

Post Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:08 pm

I am not liking the new mail system. The majority of PM's I send and receive are related to comments on pictures. In the old system, the messages were linked to the picture that was commented on, but this is lost in the new system which makes it quite confusing, especially when several days may have passed between a comment being made and a person responding to the comment.

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi bassrock,

You should be able to see the conversation history, including the original comment if you click on the mail subject in your inbox and not just the + button to expand the individual mail. If you've had a lot of mails back and forth, you may have to page back in the conversation by clicking the "older mails" link at the bottom of the page. I hope this helps. Please let me know more details (feel free to email support@pbase.com with specifics) if you are still not seeing the original comment.

Thanks,
Emily

bassrock

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:56 pm

I am back to negative numbers of comments again, -4 today 8)
Anyone else having the same thing ?

helenpb

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:37 pm

Yes, Bill, I am :( .

bassrock wrote:I am back to negative numbers of comments again, -4 today 8)

helenpb

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:05 am

helenpb wrote:Yes, Bill, I am :( .

bassrock wrote:I am back to negative numbers of comments again, -4 today 8)

And today I am up to -11. It also took an incredibly long time to open one message, like several tries and maybe five minutes. Somebody asked me to rewrite a message to them because they were simply unable to open something I had sent.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News New Mail