Board index PBase News forums upgrade

News

forums upgrade

falcn

Can't edit the image details.

Post Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:26 pm

I know we have just had the upgrade, not sure if anyone has reported the fact that recent uploads are not editable. I just put up the last few PaD images, and can't get in to change the details.

I'm sure you have it under control, but just in case ...

falcn

Re: Can't edit the image details.

Post Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:51 pm

falcn wrote:I know we have just had the upgrade, not sure if anyone has reported the fact that recent uploads are not editable. I just put up the last few PaD images, and can't get in to change the details.

I'm sure you have it under control, but just in case ...

Looks like its sorted now. Thanks

bb_etc

server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:30 am

Every time I try to edit an individual photo I get this message. I can edit the galleries, though.

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@pbase.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

stevephoto

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:03 am

I'm getting the same server error message when trying to edit an individual image, even ones that were posted a long time ago.

stevephoto

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:11 am

Well I just checked my galleries and the edit is working now.

stevephoto

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:23 am

Well I spoke too soon. Things are intermittent. One time I try to edit an image I get the edit screen. Another time I try to edit the same image I get the server error. It doesn't matter if I initiate the edit from the display of the image or from editing the gallery. Also the processing of my CSS is intermittent. Sometimes I get my scheme, sometimes I get the default scheme.

budiraha

Thumbnails and pictures are still missing

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:10 am

Some of my thumbnails and original-sized pictures are still missing, even after their upgrade. Is PBase going to resolve this issue or do we need to re-upload all our pictures?

stfchallenge

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:24 am

To Slug, Emily & Co -- You have a lot of friends out here who are well aware of PBase's history, and who recognise the phenomenal value you gave in containing subscription costs for so long. However, recent arrivals aren't so understanding, and without doubt a great deal of harm (visit a few forums here and at DP Review) has been done by the total dearth of communication through the problems of the past month or so.

Far and away the best thing you have done for PR recently has been the public advance announcement of reduced service during this upgrade.

But the latest front page message (dated 29th) suggests that the upgrade is complete, and that the "fine tuning" refers to bonus feature -- not bug fixes. The worst possible thing you can now do is to continue to remain silent about this edit bug. In the absence of even an acknowledgement, people are going to rapidly run out of patience.

For your own sakes, please post a few words periodically indicating that at least you know about it and that it's in hand. An ETA for a fix would be good, but is far less important than just saying something... anything. That way, people will continue to support you; but they're going to start leaving if they continue to be kept in the dark :?

Best regards,
Mike Fitzgerald

milk_man

Re: Thumbnails and pictures are still missing

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:06 pm

budiraha wrote:Some of my thumbnails and original-sized pictures are still missing, even after their upgrade. Is PBase going to resolve this issue or do we need to re-upload all our pictures?

same here

dlane

Blue Pbase Menu Bar is Back

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:32 pm

I noticed that after the upgrades, the blue Pbase menu bar has reappeared on my site, even though I had selected an alternative scheme on my edit profile page. I've tried updating this again, but even though my selection is still the alternative black on lt. gray, the default blue is the one that shows. Compared to other update and edit issues I've read about here, it's a small issue, but nevertheless one which I hope will be soon resolved. Thanks.

ilanphoto

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:16 pm

The picture edit page is now working

gpspassion

Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:55 am

Not sure what's going on, but most of my direct links have been broken for 1+ month now and now they are ALL broken, this is really terrible service, raise the price if you need to, but don't leave your users in such a poor state of affairs :-(

juliano

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:57 am

stevephoto wrote:Well I just checked my galleries and the edit is working now.

juliano

Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:59 am

ilanphoto wrote:The picture edit page is now working

piroshkis

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:18 am

Some thumbnails and correct picture sizes not working.... very dissapointed at the moment and hoping the issue will get resolved soon. And by soon I don't mean in a month or two :x .

PreviousNext

Board index PBase News forums upgrade