Board index PBase News new feature: profile page portrait photo

News

new feature: profile page portrait photo

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

new feature: profile page portrait photo

Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:57 am

There's now an option to choose a photo to display on your profile page.
Most people will probably use it for a photo of themself, but any of your images would work.

You can set this by going to the Edit Image page for any of your photos and clicking the link there.

On the profile page, the thumbnail will be displayed.
If clicked, you'll go to the full size image page.

-slug

toml1016

Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:19 pm

thx..Slug...
btw...how can I take it off?
I just wanted to try it out, but now I cannot take it off.

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:45 am

added a "remove portrait" link under the photo.
click it to have no profile photo at all.

-slug

toml1016

Post Fri Jul 25, 2003 9:05 am

slug wrote:added a "remove portrait" link under the photo.
click it to have no profile photo at all.

-slug

Thx slug...
You are the best.

terriwu

Profile photo

Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:02 pm

I would like to upload a photo to use as a profile photo but I don't want it to be publically visible in any gallery. Is that possible?

framewerkz

Re: Profile photo

Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:09 pm

terriwu wrote:I would like to upload a photo to use as a profile photo but I don't want it to be publically visible in any gallery. Is that possible?

Yeah, just create a gallery, make it non-public, upload your profile photo to that gallery - make that alos non-public, but use it as a profile photo.

alaska_43

Re: new feature: profile page portrait photo

Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:05 am

slug wrote:There's now an option to choose a photo to display on your profile page.
Most people will probably use it for a photo of themself, but any of your images would work.

You can set this by going to the Edit Image page for any of your photos and clicking the link there.

-slug

HELPPPP ! I just opened a new account 2 days ago and I am having a problem. I uploaded photos the last 2 days and everything was fine. I returned this evening to upload afew more photos and 1 of my main Gallery Photos was RED X'ed out(airplanes).I deleted that photo and have upload 2 more. BOTH of them are X'ed out as well. Are you having server problems? Is this an error on me? Please help, VERY frustrated
THX
ALASKA_43

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: new feature: profile page portrait photo

Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:56 pm

alaska_43 wrote:HELPPPP ! I just opened a new account 2 days ago and I am having a problem. I uploaded photos the last 2 days and everything was fine. I returned this evening to upload afew more photos and 1 of my main Gallery Photos was RED X'ed out(airplanes).I deleted that photo and have upload 2 more. BOTH of them are X'ed out as well. Are you having server problems? Is this an error on me? Please help, VERY frustrated
THX
ALASKA_43

It should be fixed now. If you are still having problems, email accounts@pbase.com with specific URLs of images that are having the red X problem.

-Emily
(The Forum Goddess)

robinstatfeld

Re: Profile photo

Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:06 pm

framewerkz wrote:
terriwu wrote:I would like to upload a photo to use as a profile photo but I don't want it to be publically visible in any gallery. Is that possible?

Yeah, just create a gallery, make it non-public, upload your profile photo to that gallery - make that alos non-public, but use it as a profile photo.

Hi, I think I did this - created a new gallery called "private" at root level, and posted the pic, designated as not publically viewable. But the gallery shows up when I go to my page. Is it only showing up for me, or can everyone still see it? Thanks

thresholdprod

Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:42 am

You can see the gallery because you're logged in.
If logg out (dump your cache) and try to view the gallery in the listing it shouldn't show up.

If you want someone to see the gallery give them the url for the private gallery.

Bill
Bill Freeman
"A picture may be worth a thousand words, but usually consumes the bandwidth of more than two thousand." --Gym Quirk
Many great words of wisdom and advice http://www.pbase.com/help http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

hongcho

Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:46 pm

Interesting...

I don't see anything under my profile page that seems to relate to adding a personal id photo.

Can someone point me out to me? I guess I am getting blind or something. :)

Hong.

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:57 pm

look for a link on the Edit Image page of the photo you want to be your portrait photo. just under the thumbnail.

your profile page won't mention the portrait photo unless you already have one.

-slug

robertl594

Signature Photo

Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:42 pm

Slug,
This is a very nice touch. Would it possible to add one space for a signature photo as well as the portrait? Each one of us probably has one favorite photo that we have taken that we like to be associated with other than a portrait.

Just a thought.
RL
http://www.pbase.com/robertl594

bee

HELP! Gallery disappeared....

Post Tue May 25, 2004 12:30 am

slug wrote:There's now an option to choose a photo to display on your profile page.

-slug

:( I tried out to put a squirrel image as my profile portrait from my gallery Birds/Critters/Insects (Root Gallery) and surprise, surprise my Gallery Birds/Critters/Insects just disappeared from the Root Gallery and is nowhere to be seen! The squirrel pic in my profile is still there....

Pls. help ... it was a lot of work to put this gallery together....

Cheers, Bee

bee

Found the Gallery, Sorry for the panic...

Post Tue May 25, 2004 12:40 am

:oops:

Cheers, Bee

Next

Board index PBase News new feature: profile page portrait photo