Board index PBase Questions and Answers size of pics

Questions and Answers

size of pics

Ask if you need help using PBase.
rach1966

size of pics

Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:00 pm

when I go to the pbase.com/profile, it shows the number of pics that I have and the number of MB in storage.

when I first put pics up I was a newbie (still am) and did not know about MB, well now I know a little bit more and I want to reduce the size, is there a way that when you look at the in edit root gallary or somewhere that it would tell the size of each picture, so that I could delete the big file pic and resave as a smaller size

Rachel

tamn

Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:34 pm

Hi Rachel,

Here's what works for me...

When you are editing a gallery, each image has its size in bytes listed in the field on the right side of the page. The column is titled "Original". You should be able to determine which are the larger images based on that...
By the way, if you want to be precise, there are 1,048,576 bytes in a megabyte. However, it's safe enough to judge by the millions of bytes. That'll get you close enough ;)

Hope this helps,
-Mike

rach1966

size of pics

Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:02 pm

thanks Mike for pointing me to that, I don't think I ever seen that part of the screen (still new at this)

Rachel

sheila

Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:56 am

Or alternatively, go to the largest of your images (original) and right click -then Properties - you will see the dimensions of your image there. I suggest you do not post too high a resolution. I rarely post anything larger than 640 pixels (which is about 200 kb).

Cheers
Sheila

afmeyer

Picture Size

Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:17 am

For the picture size, do you mean 600 x 480 or something close to that?
I haven't uploaded any pictures yet but plan to do so soon. I assume all the pictures must be in jpg format and then put in a zip file which is then uploaded. I couldn't find any other detailed instructions. Any help would be greately appreciated.

Andy

uncfleece

Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 7:53 pm

You can upload any photo format file--ie. jpeg, gif, jpg, tiff, etc. You can zip the photos and upload them all together, you can upload one at a time, or you can go into expanded upload mode and upload a bunch of individual photos at one time.

We have more detailed information at http://www.pbase.com/help.

-elise
Elise London
Technical Consultant
elise@pbase.com

roxics

Post Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:36 am

It's best to upload no larger then 800X600 or 640X480 pixels. Somewhere around there depending on your picture. It's saves on disk space, allows most people to see the whole image on screen without scrolling (too much). Plus then people can't steal the original high resolution version and make and sell prints claiming them to be their own. If your work is something people may want to steal.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers size of pics