Board index PBase Questions and Answers "Direct Linking" I think I know what it means

Questions and Answers

"Direct Linking" I think I know what it means

Ask if you need help using PBase.
monicakm

"Direct Linking" I think I know what it means

Post Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:10 am

I've seen the phrase "driect linki(ing) on a few of my photos. Today, in under 2 hours, a new photo I posted had a total of 176 "direct links" :o I embedded the photo in a thread on dpreview's Canon forum. I always thought that "direct linking" was when someone pasted the url into an email or another website?? I'm not positive I know exactly what it means. It's only been viewed on pbase, at this point, 2 times. Would someone mind telling me exactly what is happening when someone "direct links"?
Thanks,
Monica

paulsilkphotography

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:26 pm

Simply put when you posted it on Dpreview you was linking (you were not actually diplaying the image at DPreview) to the photo on your pbase site. The amount of direct links is the amount of people that have looked at it throught the link at DPreview :)
Keep on snapping and catch the moment if you can.
Paul

http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography

jaxtion25

how to find who direct link you?

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:30 pm

Is there anyway to find who direct link your page?
I want to know who is using my image. If there's a way they found the number of direct link, there must be a way they can locate where these pages are coming from, right?

srijith

Re: how to find who direct link you?

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:10 am

goodwill2k wrote:Is there anyway to find who direct link your page?
I want to know who is using my image. If there's a way they found the number of direct link, there must be a way they can locate where these pages are coming from, right?

http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/faqs/direc ... o_my_photo

Board index PBase Questions and Answers "Direct Linking" I think I know what it means