Board index PBase Questions and Answers Unable to open "Edit" section on home page

Questions and Answers

Unable to open "Edit" section on home page

Ask if you need help using PBase.
ronmetzphotography

Unable to open "Edit" section on home page

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:21 pm

Is anyone having a problem opening up the "Edit" section on their home page. I have been trying to work with the IT person for this site and she/he has been unable to help me so far. Thanks.

Ron

richo

Re: Unable to open "Edit" section on home page

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:02 pm

ronmetzphotography wrote:Is anyone having a problem opening up the "Edit" section on their home page. I have been trying to work with the IT person for this site and she/he has been unable to help me so far. Thanks.

Ron

Ron, No problems with editing my home gallery. I assume you are talking about editing a gallery and I assume you are logged in. What browser are you using? I had many issues when I upgraded my browser to IE10 and IE11. I solved most of those issues when I added pbase.com to the "Compatibility View Settings" under "gear" tools menu.

What happens if anything when you click on the "Edit root gallery" link?

baldrich

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:53 pm

"Edit your galleries" is slow as molasses for weeks now. And once it finally opens then it takes another long time to see the image actually load.
Wrote PBase three weeks ago with the usual lack of response or a fix from them.

ronmetzphotography

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:07 pm

Thanks for the reply. I am logged in when I try to open the edit section on my home page but it just cranks away "waiting for upload.pbase.com" and then I get the usual "The connection was reset ...." My browser is Firefox. thanks again.

Ron

richo

Post Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:06 pm

ronmetzphotography wrote:Thanks for the reply. I am logged in when I try to open the edit section on my home page but it just cranks away "waiting for upload.pbase.com" and then I get the usual "The connection was reset ...." My browser is Firefox. thanks again.

Ron

Ron, try this.. Open a "Private Tab" in FireFox and go to your galleries. Login manually and on your home page click the link that says: "Edit root gallery" and see if that allows you to edit that gallery. I don't understand why the page you are at would be trying to access upload.pbase.com which does results in a connection problem.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Unable to open "Edit" section on home page