Board index PBase Questions and Answers How can I block specific people (robots) from commenting?

Questions and Answers

How can I block specific people (robots) from commenting?

Ask if you need help using PBase.
cits_4_pets

How can I block specific people (robots) from commenting?

Post Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:57 pm

tired of the non paying pbase account holders with no interest in photos except to leave comment with a link to their web site.
p_smith42 is a new spammer.
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

sthuman

Re: How can I block specific people (robots) from commenting?

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:07 am

If you go to "Home" link on most any page, then click your "account settings", then click on "options" near the top, you can set who is allowed to comment. One of the options is "Enable comments for", with a pull down menu where you can choose" only paid pbase accounts". Or below that is an area where you can set it so you have to allow any comments from one of the groups listed, or none, before they show to the public.

cits_4_pets

Post Fri May 01, 2015 5:53 am

sthuman wrote:If you go to "Home" link on most any page, then click your "account settings", then click on "options" near the top, you can set who is allowed to comment. One of the options is "Enable comments for", with a pull down menu where you can choose" only paid pbase accounts". Or below that is an area where you can set it so you have to allow any comments from one of the groups listed, or none, before they show to the public.

I have selected only Paid Pbase account to show, non paying comments can be left but are hidden but does not seem to deter a couple of spammers.
I would like to be able to add their name that a pop up would say that they are blocked. LOL
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

sthuman

Post Sat May 02, 2015 3:24 pm

You can block specific users. After they leave a comment once or you know their user name anyway. Go to their profile page. There will be a section to "Add user to a user group". You can choose "Blacklist" from the pull down menu.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers How can I block specific people (robots) from commenting?