Board index PBase Questions and Answers Does Pbase.com Have A Phone Number? Emails Are Not Being Answered.

Questions and Answers

Does Pbase.com Have A Phone Number? Emails Are Not Being Answered.

Ask if you need help using PBase.
solgar1970

Does Pbase.com Have A Phone Number? Emails Are Not Being Answered.

Post Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:51 pm

Hi, I'm a long-time Pbase user, who had contacted Pbase by email several times to follow up on an issue that I'm having, and they are not responding. The one phone number that I did call, was: (919)484-8363. There is no outgoing voicemail announcement saying that this is Pbase.com, so I have no idea of knowing that this is actually their number. Since they're not answering my emails or resolving my issue after months of waiting, who can I call to talk to a real, live person at Pbase and get some help?? :?: :?: :?:

dw_thomas

Re: Does Pbase.com Have A Phone Number? Emails Are Not Being Answered.

Post Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:08 am

Perhaps you can do a whois on PBase.com and find some contact info for the domain owner and/or tech administrator?

DaveT

rsbfotos

Post Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:23 pm

solgar1970

Here is information I just looked up at " SCAMADVISER.COM " . Last year a Pbase user posted this type of info and I saved it, but from my lookup just now some information has changed. I think it is because they changed Servers in the past year. Here is the latest as of May 12, 2016, 3:03 pm. You can recheck it at 2 websites: http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/pbase.com and http://www.simplywhois.com/whois/pbase.com

Owner
Name: PBase.com, LLC
Organisation: PBase.com, LLC
Street: PO Box 13585
City: Research Triangle Park
State: NC
Postalcode: 27709 (2)
Telephone: +1.9199231484 [United States] ()
Fax: +1.9199231484
Phone Type: mobile : Chapel Hill, NC Sprint Spectrum L.p.

Administrator ( Information also the same for " Technical Contact " )
Name: Neel, Chuck
Organisation: PBase.com
Street: PO Box 487
City: Danbury
Postalcode: 27016
Telephone: +1.9193212220 [United States]
Phone Type: geographic : Durham, NC Telcove Operations, Inc. - Nc
-------------------------------------------

Good Luck and keep us advised of any success.
dick b -- rsbfotos
---------------------------------------------------
rsbfotos
You can't see the forest when you sneeze.

dougj

Post Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:26 am

Nextcaller lists this, don't know if it's good or not.

(919) 923-1484

Source: https://nextcaller.com/phone-number/pbase-com-customer-service-support/

PBase support has gone from OK to poor to terrible to essentially nonexistent. It's unfortunate, they seem to have lost interest in the site.

jypsee

Post Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:10 pm

dougj wrote:Nextcaller lists this, don't know if it's good or not.

(919) 923-1484

PBase support has gone from OK to poor to terrible to essentially nonexistent. It's unfortunate, they seem to have lost interest in the site.

I just called the number and someone (sounded like a woman) answered... Since I wasn't prepared for someone to answer I didn't say anything.

1heart

Post Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:12 am

(919) 923-1484

If one subscribes to PBase, they should understand from the outset that there is virtually no customer service at this site. It is pointless to ask for assistance, since the site is virtually on automatic. If there is a server problem (which is common), there will be no response to your request for assistance. Apparently, some years ago there was a couple (Slug & Emily) who looked in on occasion, but they seem to have vanished, and left the place to fend for itself. There may be a tech person who looks in a few time per year, but that is about it, from what I can gather.

dougj

Post Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:46 am

jypsee wrote:

(919) 923-1484

I just called the number and someone (sounded like a woman) answered... Since I wasn't prepared for someone to answer I didn't say anything.

Maybe it was Emily? no telling who is involved in running the site at this point.

dougj

Post Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:57 am

1heart wrote:

(919) 923-1484

If one subscribes to PBase, they should understand from the outset that there is virtually no customer service at this site. It is pointless to ask for assistance, since the site is virtually on automatic. If there is a server problem (which is common), there will be no response to your request for assistance. Apparently, some years ago there was a couple (Slug & Emily) who looked in on occasion, but they seem to have vanished, and left the place to fend for itself. There may be a tech person who looks in a few time per year, but that is about it, from what I can gather.

Bob, you've been here for a long time, you've seen many of the changes and (lack of) developments. In the early days PBase was great, with both Slug & Emily running it. Emily went off to raise their family, site admins came and went, Slug rarely made an appearance in the forums or elsewhere - he was more the concept guy & architect, seemingly working in the background.

As you say, we seem to be on autopilot at this point, a continuing lack of interest by the owners to move PBase forward. I'd hate to see the site collapse, I'll hang in here and see what develops.

1heart

Post Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:15 am

Hi Dougj!

I'd move to another photo-sharing site, but with nearly 17,000 pics, I'm in too deep, and so will likely go down with the ship, because I do not have the time to transfer that many, alas.

Cheers!

sasaferrato

Post Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:02 pm

I'm having a problem with linking to photos. In preview on the other site (a bulletin board), it shows OK, but not on the post itself. Anyone got any suugestions?

The same pic uploaded to Photobucket works perfectly.

I've just renewed on here, regretting it a bit.

richo

Post Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:00 pm

sasaferrato wrote:I'm having a problem with linking to photos. In preview on the other site (a bulletin board), it shows OK, but not on the post itself. Anyone got any suugestions?

The same pic uploaded to Photobucket works perfectly.

I've just renewed on here, regretting it a bit.

I use Pbase.com pretty much solely for image embedding and linking... not having any issues right now. There are several factors related to image embedding:
1. Your pbase.com account must be set to allow it.
2. The end software must permit it.
3. The browser must allow it. (mixed SSL and non-SSL can cause the browser to either warn of it or block it).
5. The HTML code must be correct.

fishit

Post Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:31 pm

Perhaps your best bet is to snail mail a letter to the PO box, the number you called I think is their home phone.
-
Name: Neel, Chuck
Organisation: PBase.com
Street: PO Box 487
City: Danbury
Postalcode: 27016
-
It seem pretty clear the website is on auto pilot and the owners have moved on as the site being a priority in their lives.
Like many other photo websites it became outdated and the time and cost to update had little ROI compared to other time options.
Chuck and Emily have other jobs and a growing family, they keep the website open for users who wish to hang around.
I do not know any of this as a fact, but do the math and see how old their kids are and how they not longer do any improvements or communicate.
For the money it is still not a bad deal, it is sad to see the site in decline but most photo sites are suffering.
I do not blame them for what they are doing, but some simple communication would be nice to some who have been here since 1999

solgar1970 wrote:Hi, I'm a long-time Pbase user, who had contacted Pbase by email several times to follow up on an issue that I'm having, and they are not responding. The one phone number that I did call, was: (919)484-8363. There is no outgoing voicemail announcement saying that this is Pbase.com, so I have no idea of knowing that this is actually their number. Since they're not answering my emails or resolving my issue after months of waiting, who can I call to talk to a real, live person at Pbase and get some help?? :?: :?: :?:

amoxtli

Post Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:22 pm

fishit wrote:I do not know any of this as a fact, but do the math and see how old their kids are and how they not longer do any improvements or communicate.

Actually the communication part is not correct. The posting of the 406th Show & Tell Competition was passed on to me and I had to contact Emily for her to set it up. She wrote to me on July 20, 2016.

She also wrote to me on August 31, 2015 when someone had "derailed" the 373rd Show & Tell Competition, because they had posted out of the "system".

Both times the responses took a while, but she fixed the problem, so she has been responsive, at least to keeping the Show & Tell Competition operational.

May I suggest that some of you who have posted here, and the other longer similar thread on this forum, write a letter, email or call PBase and state the concerns you have communicated here.
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

cami
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:50 am

At this time Pbase does not offer phone support. Please direct all questions and concerns to: support@pbase.com. Thanks!

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Does Pbase.com Have A Phone Number? Emails Are Not Being Answered.