Board index PBase Questions and Answers Unable to edit or add a passkey

Questions and Answers

Unable to edit or add a passkey

Ask if you need help using PBase.
foxiloxi

Unable to edit or add a passkey

Post Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:45 pm

Not a question, and I expect no answer...

As I sit waiting and watching a 'waiting for PBase' message in my browser margin after trying to add a passkey to a gallery, I wonder why I should bother at all.

I need to offer images in locked galleries to my clients, and I need access and the ability to edit whenever I need it, not at the convenience of PBase.

I've tried logging on again, refreshing... oh, everything; and just sitting and waiting. Nothing works.

Useless is the word that springs to mind.

What a waste of time and effort this site has become, which is a truly deep regret; it was such a good thing once.

Unusable and unreliable. What a shame!

foxiloxi

Re: Unable to edit or add a passkey

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:18 pm

Days later and no reply as I expected...

'Waiting for pbase.com'...

Then 'The connection was reset'....

Useless!

foxiloxi

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:48 pm

To whom do I send the bill for the time I've wasted with this?

dw_thomas

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:04 pm

Hmmm -- well this is essentially a user forum. We can offer sympathy, and occasionally a tip to accomplish something. But have you sent any email to "support@pbase.com" or the like? There is no guarantee that The Management(tm) pays any attention to these forums. Though I also admit it hasn't appeared they are paying much attention to anything over the past year or two.

I've not personally used passkeys, so have no firsthand experience.

In general it might be good to mention what operating system you are on, and what browser you are using. Also, have you cleared your browser cache since the initial failure? Generically speaking, sometimes a corrupted script remains cached in the browser and doesn't get expunged as it should, so a problem continues.

That exhausts what I can suggest.

DaveT(who spent 3 hours today trying to get his iPhone and iPad to communicate with his Windoze desktop after a recent update wreaked havoc.)

richo

Post Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:46 am

foxiloxi wrote:Not a question, and I expect no answer...

Based on your statement, I did not reply. I assume you have looked over the help on this? - http://www.pbase.com/help/password_protection
I have a couple password protected galleries and have not had issues with them. However, it appears that the code for pbase.com has not been updated in years and in many cases I have found that current browsers do not work well with it. Putting pbase.com in my browser compatibility settings helps at times, but not always. As DaveT pointed out, we are just the forgotten few who at times offer help - I am not a staff person or an admin here.

cami
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:16 am

We are not experiencing any problems with the passkey system. Please let us know the operating system and browser you are using, including version numbers, so that we can try to replicate what you are experiencing. It would also help to know what gallery you are editing and whether you are creating a new passkey or applying an existing one. Feel free to respond here or email these details to support@pbase.com

Thanks! Keep us posted!
~Cami~

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Unable to edit or add a passkey