Board index PBase Questions and Answers Background color won't change

Questions and Answers

Background color won't change

Ask if you need help using PBase.
eagle01

Background color won't change

Post Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:37 pm

Hi,all. Tried various hex #s for background and stays white,no color change when I 'update gallery.' Text works, but background stays white no matter if [color] or hex is used. Any help appreciated. Thanks! Have 'no style sheet' set,btw.

dw_thomas

Re: Background color won't change

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:52 am

Are you talking text area background or the field surrounding the images? In a quick look at my own stuff, I don't see a way to change colors except through using a style sheet.

(Here in this forum I see a 'Font colour' button, but I didn't even see that in the regular gallery editor.)

DaveT

eagle01

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:14 am

dw_thomas wrote:Are you talking text area background or the field surrounding the images? In a quick look at my own stuff, I don't see a way to change colors except through using a style sheet.

(Here in this forum I see a 'Font colour' button, but I didn't even see that in the regular gallery editor.)

DaveT

Thanks for reply. This would be the area surrounding the images. Here's a link to the gallery:

http://www.pbase.com/eagle01/photos_of_the_year_2016

In 'edit this gallery,' there are choices for background color and text color. While text color changes, the background color (here, white) stays the same, regardless of entering a color...e.g., 'gold,' or (hex).

Alan

dw_thomas

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:58 am

Bizarre (but then it is PBase), I tried the "Drop & Drag" editor which I normally use, and also the "Original" editor. In neither case do I see a color choice (maybe I need detailed directions to the command/button sequences to get there), so I tried switching to "No Style Sheet" thinking that might pop up different options, but still see no color choices. When I do that to one of my galleries, I get a black background. It appears there is a default .CSS file that loads, and then the customized user .CSS file, if there is one (which I normally use). If I look in "View source" and grab the default CSS file, I see some color specs, but even then what I see doesn't quite make sense -- and I see some of the same color settings from the default .CSS via your gallery or mine -- but the background colors are opposite! :shock:

I am not truly a web programmer, but I have at least a little working knowledge of it. Mayhaps I am misunderstanding the CSS code, something I know the least about. Or maybe Firefox 50.1.0 works differently than your browser?

(Methinks the smart machinery is beginning to outsmart itself!)
Good Luck -- maybe someone else here will have an idea. (Richo?!!!)
DaveT

eagle01

Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:44 am

Thanks, Dave. Interesting. I'm a programming dummy, but like fooling with the (limited) pbase options for our galleries.

dw_thomas wrote:Bizarre (but then it is PBase), ...
Good Luck -- maybe someone else here will have an idea. (Richo?!!!)
DaveT

richo

Post Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:26 am

eagle01 wrote:Hi,all. Tried various hex #s for background and stays white,no color change when I 'update gallery.' Text works, but background stays white no matter if [color] or hex is used. Any help appreciated. Thanks! Have 'no style sheet' set,btw.

Colors in stylesheets will override both background and text color for a gallery. You will have to remove or edit the stylesheet.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Background color won't change