Board index PBase Questions and Answers Uninstall Pbase and reinstall Pbase

Questions and Answers

Uninstall Pbase and reinstall Pbase

Ask if you need help using PBase.
sogen

Uninstall Pbase and reinstall Pbase

Post Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:01 pm

Hello everyone,

Can I uninstall and reinstall Pbase without loosing my i mages ?

Thanking you in advance

dw_thomas

Re: Uninstall Pbase and reinstall Pbase

Post Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:36 pm

PBase does not "install," it is not an app, just a website interface. It does not install as a program on your computer like a word processor or the like.

The PBase site uses lots of HTML coding to interact with your browser, but that is only temporarily loaded into your web browser when you (or another person) are viewing your PBase site, and occurs on a gallery page by gallery page basis. There is the possibility that some of that may be retained locally between browsing sessions by being saved in the browser cache. That is the reason clearing the cache is suggested when something is acting strange. As has been mentioned in a previous thread, there may also be some "cookies" stored on your local system used to control some options. Those also can be cleared.

It is not clear to me what you are trying to do. The image files themselves are stored on PBase associated with your account. All the other organization and data related to your galleries, including image order, gallery names and hierarchy, and captions, are also stored on PBase in a database associated with your account. I don't work for PBase, nor am I a web wizard, but I would not expect there to be an accessible way to disassociate that information from the images and rebuild it.

DaveT

sogen

Post Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:25 pm

Thanks Dave, I am not too experienced as you probably know.
I will continue my quest to try to solve my problem !
Emily is not responding anymore.

Suzanne

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:02 pm

Hi Suzanne,

I responded to your last email on July 26. Please let me know if you have sent additional emails. We have not received any since July 26.

Thanks,
Emily

sogen

Post Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi you all,

Problem resolved and thanks to Emily for responding.

Suzanne

dw_thomas

Post Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:24 pm

Yes, good to hear, both that you got things resolved, and also that Emily is out there and involved.

DaveT

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Uninstall Pbase and reinstall Pbase