Board index PBase Questions and Answers trying to upload a jpg and I get an error

Questions and Answers

trying to upload a jpg and I get an error

Ask if you need help using PBase.
nupbase

trying to upload a jpg and I get an error

Post Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:22 am

The error is because when I select the jpg to upload, the path comes back as: C:\fakepath\HDR1a-out.jpg no matter where the jpg is located and no matter what jpg I select.

I am able to load the jpgs into my graphics programs and upload the to my google drive.

confused.
help please.

dw_thomas

Re: trying to upload a jpg and I get an error

Post Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:17 am

Hmm -- and it doesn't load? I admit it's been a couple of weeks since I uploaded anything, but for some time now, maybe over a year, I have seen that "fakepath" bit in the list of files to be uploaded, and the uploads worked fine. I think it's a sort of place holder or macro that's filled in behind the scene during the actual transfer -- perhaps to avoid having a long path crowding the visible list formatting.

EDIT (25Nov2018): I just uploaded a group of three images to one of my galleries with no problem, the list of queued up files showed the C:/fake/ ... path name on each file.

DaveT

Board index PBase Questions and Answers trying to upload a jpg and I get an error