Board index PBase Questions and Answers Viewing images on a Retina screen Mac

Questions and Answers

Viewing images on a Retina screen Mac

Ask if you need help using PBase.
serial_snapper

Viewing images on a Retina screen Mac

Post Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:00 pm

I'm not sure if this has been covered before but is there any way that images can be displayed in PBase galleries so that they appear sharp on a Retina screen Mac?

I've found that the only way I can make an image appear sharp on a Retina screen Mac is to zoom out considerably… Images displayed at any size appear soft on the Retina screen until I zoom out.

I've tried viewing a number of different user galleries and a number of different Macs but all display the same problem… is the some way that images can automatically displayed 'Retina screen friendly'?

richo

Re: Viewing images on a Retina screen Mac

Post Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:28 am

serial_snapper wrote:I'm not sure if this has been covered before but is there any way that images can be displayed in PBase galleries so that they appear sharp on a Retina screen Mac?

I've found that the only way I can make an image appear sharp on a Retina screen Mac is to zoom out considerably… Images displayed at any size appear soft on the Retina screen until I zoom out.

I've tried viewing a number of different user galleries and a number of different Macs but all display the same problem… is the some way that images can automatically displayed 'Retina screen friendly'?

What is resolution of the image - # of pixels horizontal by # of pixels vertically. If you have your display set to stretch or zoom more than 100% on an image that is much lower in resolution the image will appear soft. The solution is to upload an image that matches or closely matches the resolution of your display. Also be sure to view Pbase images at full - original size.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Viewing images on a Retina screen Mac