Board index PBase Questions and Answers Hardware upgrade

Questions and Answers

Hardware upgrade

Ask if you need help using PBase.
asianodyssey

Hardware upgrade

Post Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:27 pm

Is the imminent hardware upgrade finally going to make PBase mobile/tablet friendly. i.e. swipeable etc?

dw_thomas

Re: Hardware upgrade

Post Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:56 pm

asianodyssey wrote:Is the imminent hardware upgrade finally going to make PBase mobile/tablet friendly. i.e. swipeable etc?

(I thought that upgrade already occurred.) I suppose it's anybody's guess, but I assume the tablet/mobile issue is related to the operating software not hardware. I guess mobile users can hope the (presumed) availability of more/faster hardware will facilitate handling the overhead of other improvements.

DaveT

asianodyssey

Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:34 am

As far as I am aware you can't swipe across the screen. Only click.

lainesphotos

Post Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:41 am

Click the highlighted message on your profile page and it will direct you to the current position of the upgrade which was delayed due to some issues and has been rescheduled for Saturday February 9th.

madlights

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:30 am

Well it seems some of my stylesheets aren't working like they should, especially some with textures.Those took a long time to figure out how to do, some of my color text links are invisible too.A lot of my colors in general have changed also. Hmmm. So looks like either I've gotta spend a bunch of time learning how the new system works, wait and see if things improve (which they might), since navigating some of my galleries,seems pretty much impossible unless one already knows where to click. I really don't want to redo all my galleries, or go with simplified versions, since feeling that the unique properties to customize was one of the strongest points of PBase, Hopefully things may change, if not other sites offer cookie cutter style sheets and galleries.

dw_thomas

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:01 pm

So far it appears daily hits has stopped with 08 February also. (And yes, I did try after clearing cache ...)

Other than that it does seem noticeably faster -- that's good!

DaveT

helenpb

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:33 pm

I noticed last night that EXIF info isn't provided, not even the most basic that used to appear under each photo. It's a bother to have to fill that in myself, so hopefully that will be fixed soon!

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:01 pm

Mobile friendly UI (Swipe) is right at the top of the list once we have the rest of issues sorted out from the move.

We just need to get the all the backend systems (several databases) all verified, replicating, auto-backing up, etc.
Then we'll finish cleaning up various issues related to the move such as stylesheets, EXIF, etc until the site is just as it was.

Then we'll start the process of adding new features and improving existing features.
Our new set up will make us far more flexible with creating development and testing environments.

lance_b

Post Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:35 pm

When do you expect the issues to be fixed, like stripping of EXIF?

madlights

Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:15 am

Thanks for the clarification Slug. Figured there'd be a few issues(as in any major change). Good to hear the mobile features are at hand. :)

joska

Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:34 pm

After te hardware upgrade, now the numbering of the photos is from high to low instead of low to high. Ssomeone has the same problem ??
https://pbase.com/joska/solo0945

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:21 pm

joska,
We will look at this.
I see this older gallery https://pbase.com/joska/friday14001500
If I understand you correctly, only new galleries have this ordering problem, but this old gallery shows the numbering from Low to High correctly as you expected?

gordg3

Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:46 am

Exif data now there, but time of photo does not appear.

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:59 am

gordg3,
Thanks for pointing out the missing time. We're working on it.

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:43 am

gordg3,
Time of Photo should now show up for new uploads.
Tomorrow morning, we'll fix all the uploads from the last few days to set the time of day correctly.

Next

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Hardware upgrade