Board index PBase Questions and Answers Wrong photo / link

Questions and Answers

Wrong photo / link

Ask if you need help using PBase.
akmc_in_au

Wrong photo / link

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:22 am

This is undoubtedly related to the issues in other threads below (i.e., a partially screwed up database) but I haven't seen this mentioned so I'll mention it here.

One of the photographers in my "favourite" list supposedly posted a photo today.

"That's odd", I thought, "I've never known Bill to post nudes before".

And sure enough, he hadn't. That particular image linked through to a completely different photographer's gallery.

However that photographer's gallery has the same name as Bill's PAD gallery, and when I click on the "Galleries" link, it goes to Bill's galleries rather than to the nude photographer' s ones.

When I look at Bill's PAD gallery, I see 4 different photos from the nude photographer. So clearly, these have ended up loaded to the wrong gallery. Or, in database terms, are linked to the wrong gallery.

I think it's safe to say that something is broken in a major way.

bassrock

Re: Wrong photo / link

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:09 pm

I finally managed to delete the nudes from my gallery after many attempts.
But this was embarrassing because family and friends look at my gallery, so I had to explain to them.
Until PBase gets this sorted, I am not uploading again.

helenpb

Re: Wrong photo / link

Post Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:14 pm

Glad you were finally able to delete them, Bill. I saw you even got a comment on one of them ;-). But sort of the same thing happened to me this morning when I tried to replace a bird photo that had mysteriously been deleted overnight. Instead of the cormorant, a windmill was uploaded. Definitely a problem here.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Wrong photo / link