Board index PBase Questions and Answers Galleries randomly designated as non-public and/or locked

Questions and Answers

Galleries randomly designated as non-public and/or locked

Ask if you need help using PBase.
kujoseph

Galleries randomly designated as non-public and/or locked

Post Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:31 am

This is really weird. I can see on the left side of the drag-and-drop editor and in tree view that some of my galleries are randomly tagged as being non-public and/or locked. This is not how I have tagged these galleries myself, and I can confirm this in the gallery editing process itself. I cannot see any obvious way to address this issue. I am almost certain that what is being presented to me also does not reflect reality in terms of what visitors experience. Anybody else seeing this with their galleries when they are logged in? I have reported the problem but have not heard anything back yet.
Kuriacose

dw_thomas

Re: Galleries randomly designated as non-public and/or locked

Post Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:11 pm

Hmmm -- now that you point it out. I do see that here looking in Tree View. It appears to be the display code not correctly sensing the public/private status, as if I log out, I still see galleries that I set as public even though tree view thinks they're private. I also did a quick look and noted similar results in the editor tree display. Even more weirdly, the privatized stuff appears to move around with leaving and coming back. Likely some chunk of code checking the wrong bit in a status word or going off the end of a bitfield array.

I try to think positively about these things -- if something weird suddenly starts happening it must mean real people are tinkering with something that will eventually lead to an improvement. I am still amazed at the difference in performance after the last major update. :D

DaveT

dophoto

Post Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:43 am

I am experiencing the same issue... And I did not manage to fix it. The bad thing is that I cannot upload any new picture on those "locked" galleries anymore... In order to that, I have to go back to the older editing system, still working thanks God...

gerrygantt

Post Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:25 pm

It appears that this and other problems have been fixed. At least all of the process that I need for posting are working correctly as of 9/22.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Galleries randomly designated as non-public and/or locked