Board index PBase Questions and Answers Create blank page

Questions and Answers

Create blank page

Ask if you need help using PBase.
ti_malice

Create blank page

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:45 am

How to/create blank page and write (text) on it?
Thanks,
JJV

dw_thomas

Re: Create blank page

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:00 pm

ti_malice wrote:How to/create blank page and write (text) on it?
Thanks,
JJV

Hmm -- I'm a bit unsure as to what you are actually trying to do in terms of where this text page would appear and how it would be indexed. You could go through the steps to create a new gallery and in the "gallery details" type your text into the box that is normally the description that displays above the pictures, then just don't upload any pictures. If you check the "HTML Flag" you can manually insert all sorts of formatting and links into that header, although doing so is a bit tedious. As an example of how carried away one can get, this gallery of mine https://pbase.com/dw_thomas/eclipseramble2017 is all from HTML in the gallery description except for the two pictures at the bottom. The thumbnails in the top portion are images referenced from my other galleries. (That PBase enables this is quite amazing to me.)

The problem in using an empty gallery is that such a gallery doesn't display anything in the parent gallery. You could put one small blank image that is filled with your display background color in the text gallery (and use a blank title) so PBase doesn't see it as empty then you would see a link with the text gallery name in the parent gallery (but the fake image would be invisible in the text gallery because it is the same color as the background).

Another way would be to create an image file with your text in it and load it into an otherwise empty gallery. That would mean using some other edit process to generate the file, with the subsequent inconvenience of not being able to edit the text portion from PBase itself. I'm also not sure whether getting that to display large enough to read might be tricky.

So there are some ideas, but I guess it's fair to say the PBase environment may not be very well suited to what you wish to do. :(

DaveT

richo

Re: Create blank page

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:27 pm

ti_malice wrote:How to/create blank page and write (text) on it?
Thanks,
JJV

I agree with Dave...it would help to know what you want to do. Have you looked at the pblog template. It can have an optional image. https://pbase.com/help/pblog_template

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Create blank page