Board index PBase Questions and Answers downloading folders and subfolders to my desktop

Questions and Answers

downloading folders and subfolders to my desktop

Ask if you need help using PBase.
dkeshet

downloading folders and subfolders to my desktop

Post Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:32 am

hi all,
downloading folders and subfolders to my desktop - do i have the ability to do it ?

akmc_in_au

Re: downloading folders and subfolders to my desktop

Post Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:26 pm

dkeshet wrote:hi all,
downloading folders and subfolders to my desktop - do i have the ability to do it ?

Short answer: No, unless you're prepared to learn to write some web scraping code.

Longer answer: There has never been a native function in PBase to do this.
One long since departed former member wrote a Perl program back in the mid-2000's that could download your PBase galleries, kinda sorta. It broke when PBase upgraded its servers around 2010. Another member wrote another Perl concoction for doing this, but the last update to that was 2016 and his galleries here have been dormant since 2014, so I think he's moved on as well. More details can be found in this thread.

I don't think we'll ever see something like this from PBase itself; whether anyone decides to pick up the coding mantle is unknown. I know that PBase won't last forever and that I should therefore probably do something like this myself... but it's one of those things that forever gets put off until tomorrow, especially while PBase is going through a lengthy cycle of stability as it's doing at the moment.

Board index PBase Questions and Answers downloading folders and subfolders to my desktop