Board index PBase Questions and Answers Easily integrating a shopping cart

Questions and Answers

Easily integrating a shopping cart

Ask if you need help using PBase.
dhe04

Easily integrating a shopping cart

Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:05 am

I am trying to sell a fairly large number of images through a pBase gallery. I have HTML, PHP, and mySQL experience, and I know how to integrate a PayPal shopping cart. However, to do this I would have to individually edit the description for every image in order to have the proper image number within the HTML tag.

Is there any way to access the dynamic nature of pBase and insert a variable or script that will pull the image title/number from the page itself, and automatically insert it into my PayPal order form? That way I could just design the order script and plug the same one in for every image- huge time saver.

Thanks for your help.

http://www.pbase.com/chill105/
http://www.pbase.com/dhe04/

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:29 pm

here's an undocumented/unsupported feature that i won't promise will be permanent. it probably will be permanent but i didn't do a lot of thought about namespaces and there might be some collision i haven't thought of that needs to be fixed.

anyway, certain "functions" are processed in an image caption.
try putting the following in an image caption, update, and go view

gname GALLERY_NAME()
gtitle GALLERY_TITLE()
image_id IMAGE_ID()
image_title IMAGE_TITLE()

note this has not been tested except once, but it might work :)

i must add that i fear going anywhere in the direction of using PBase to sell anything as money often corrupts usability. but hopefully things like selling your own work will be useful and not too offensive.

-slug

dhe04

Thanks!

Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:45 pm

Wow Slug, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for! This is perfect!

Thanks a lot for your help.

I agree that selling photos through pBase is a little shady. I worked for an outdoor expedition company this summer, and these photos are being sold back to the participants/parents per request of the owner. The profits are going to charity, so the idea here isn't really to make much money, but rather offer parents the chance to have some great pictures of their children, in high-quality, full-resolution print form.

Thanks again for your help!

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Easily integrating a shopping cart