Board index PBase Questions and Answers update: PBStats 1.3

Questions and Answers

update: PBStats 1.3

Ask if you need help using PBase.
moxfactor

Re: update: PBStats 1.3

Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:15 am

question to Arjun... will there be updates to this wonderful little app now that the new stats are up and running? i tried running 1.3 and it seemed to have some updates, and all galleries created after mid october 2009 are missing from the report.

pinemikey

Post Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:07 pm

Sad to say, it looks like this true. The same happens with PBgrab. It seems Pbase has been doing something different since after the server crash with new images and that path is unknown or unaccessible by Arjun's programs.

arjunrc

Post Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:28 am

Thanks for reporting this. Can you describe the exact problem with some examples?
--
I don't check forums very often these days, so if you need to get a response from me, please send me an email (see my profile) and NOT a PM.

pinemikey

Post Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:18 am

Hey Arjun:

Well, I had run Pbgrab on Jan 8th and 9th, the first iteration crashed for whatever reason and I wrote the remaining galleries into the gal.txt file to finish off. I thought I was finished until the post above and went to check and lo and behold no images or galleries that I created after the crash were found or downloaded. An interesting item, older images moved from one gallery to another and the ones copied to another gallery after the crash were recorded and saved. So it recognized an old image newly added to an another gallery but not the new images uploaded since the crash.

I'm afraid I don't have any specific examples as I have performed many uploads and transfers since the crash. I do have the debug from the latest failed attempt of Pbgrab, which seemed to stop in my non-public backgrounds gallery where for some reason a .gif file was mistaken for a .jpg in the last line of the debug.txt:

PBgrab-VERBOSE:-----------------------------------------------------
PBgrab-VERBOSE:resorting to DESPERATE scheme...
PBgrab-VERBOSE:The URL I am going to use is http://www.pbase.com/pinemikey/image/45587995/original
PBgrab-VERBOSE:Contacting PBase, if this takes long, or gets stuck, blame PBase :)
PBgrab-VERBOSE:parsing value of src class: http://i.pbase.com/o6/31/321431/1/45587 ... Image1.gif
PBgrab-VERBOSE:Real link:http://i.pbase.com/o6/31/321431/1/45587995.XuQX0X8p.PINEMIKEYImage1.gif
PBgrab-VERBOSE:backgrounds ::Image1 (45587995).jpg (Trying DESPERATE scheme, try#1)
PBgrab-VERBOSE:Contacting PBase, if this takes long, or gets stuck, blame PBase :)
PBgrab-VERBOSE:Trying to download>> http://i.pbase.com/o6/31/321431/1/45587 ... Image1.gif
PBgrab-VERBOSE:Opening Image: Image1 (45587995).jpg

The same for Pbstats. Every image I uploaded after the crash and two galleries I created are not registering.

arjunrc

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:20 pm

Michael,
You are correct. It looks like the new galleries are not showing up in the special XML page that Slug had created for me to get all the gallery data.
Unfortunately, I can't do anything about this problem till it is fixed by PBase (and I guess they have other things on their priority list right now).
As far as the "gif" "jpg" goes, my fault - I completely forgot PBase can upload GIF too. I am assuming JPGs. I'll fix that in the next rev (which I will work on after PBase fixes the XML page)

For all those who are not able to download pictures from a particular gallery (its like PBgrab is skipping it entirely), you can check if that gallery is listed in
[this] link (click on it after logging into your pbase account). If it doesn't show up there PBgrab can't get to it.
--
I don't check forums very often these days, so if you need to get a response from me, please send me an email (see my profile) and NOT a PM.

cliff0108

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:49 pm

I don't know if these difficulties have been solved but when I run Pbgrab and after it invokes the "Now starting to identify images".., it returns: "Error:Could not read Image Tree".
Like many of us I like to "back up" galleries before I delete them and move on and wonder if this has been a fix, whether there is one forthcoming or whether there is a workaround. Pbgrab is a brilliant little program that has been so useful for me all these years. Thanks, Cliff

arjunrc

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:09 am

cliff, can you please enable debugging (see the included documentation) and email me a copy of the debug log? (Don't worry, passwords are not logged)
--

clemers

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:09 am

PbStats seems not working since some weeks ..... or months. Is there a new version somewhere or is it "normal" with updating of the site after 24th September. A useful tool for me Thanks

pinemikey

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:45 pm

Read the posts at the top of page 4. Neither Pbstats or Pbgrab can work until Arjun has access to the image data. As of the installation of a new server, most image data from Dec 2009 and forward is not available. So you can only backup images before and get pbstats before that date.

As an aside, I did notice the last time I tried pbgrab, one image that I uploaded in Jan 2010 was able to be downloaded but only that one. It must have somehow been added to the xml page.

Previous

Board index PBase Questions and Answers update: PBStats 1.3