Board index PBase Feature Requests Zipped downloading of galleries

Feature Requests

Zipped downloading of galleries

Request changes or modifications.
olliemaitland

Zipped downloading of galleries

Post Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:08 am

I know I have asked for this several times, but i thought i would just put it in the new forum...

I would be very nice to have zipped downloading of the originals from the edit gallery view for those of us who upload images from abroad and download them at home for printing.

srijith

Re: Zipped downloading of galleries

Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:09 am

olliemaitland wrote:I know I have asked for this several times, but i thought i would just put it in the new forum...

I would be very nice to have zipped downloading of the originals from the edit gallery view for those of us who upload images from abroad and download them at home for printing.

I too remember having asked this a long time ago in the old forum. However, come to think of it, it will be a huge strain on the server, when somthing similar can be done at the user side.

Think about the amount of extra work the server will have to do to tar and gzip the images. Wouldn't we be able to get the uploaded images (and the resized ones) using a simple mirroring software like HTTrack (http://www.httrack.com/)?

olliemaitland

Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:48 am

yeah - i guess that would work pretty well... or bookmark in ie and save content a certain number of clicks down...

savageworld

Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:19 am

Looks like both of those options may be forbidden by the PBase server. That's to be expected I guess, as it would whack the server anyway...

Perhaps this is a future 'feature' only allowed to PBase Supporters?
:shock:

olliemaitland

Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:33 pm

Just wondering if this feature is in the pipeline because it would make pbase.com a much more realistic roaming cf card ;)

Sorry to keep bugging but this I am always storing originals on pbase while travelling and then downloading them on my return...

Board index PBase Feature Requests Zipped downloading of galleries