Board index PBase Feature Requests Changing Style of All Galleries at Once

Feature Requests

Changing Style of All Galleries at Once

Request changes or modifications.
pstewart

Changing Style of All Galleries at Once

Post Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:41 am

I would really like to be able to change the style of my gallery/ies from time to time, just to update the look. As it is now, as far as I can see, the only way to do this is to edit each little sub gallery separately, and I have over fifty now!

I recently created my own style sheet and changed all my pages to use it...using "edit" fifty separate times! If I could just click "change all galleries to new style" or something similar it would be sooo much easier, and it would encourage folks to create new style sheets as well!

Please either tell me it's possible and I just don't know how to do it, or tell me you will make it possible. Should be really easy to program this in.

Thanks.

srijith

Re: Changing Style of All Galleries at Once

Post Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:42 am

Can't you just backup your original/old sheet and change its contents to reflect the new feel? If and when you need to change back, you can just copy-paste the backup contents back in.

So your strategy should be to let all galleries use a CSS by name "index" (or any name you like) and when you want co change the style, you just paste into this sheet. Keep all the different style you like either as text files in your local computer or save them in pbase as various sheets.

pstewart

Post Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:24 pm

Thanks, Srijith, this sounds like it might work. I have this style saved as Phyllis2. So, if I edit the html in Phyllis2, then everything set to Phyllis2 suddenly becomes the new style, right? By saving it in a new forum I overwrite the old code yet keep the same name? Is this what you mean?

Have you ever tried/tested this? I am afraid of messing everything up, since I'm not very computer literate. It's a miracle I figured out how to change the original style in the first place!

srijith

Post Wed Oct 22, 2003 10:52 pm

pstewart wrote:I have this style saved as Phyllis2. So, if I edit the html in Phyllis2, then everything set to Phyllis2 suddenly becomes the new style, right? By saving it in a new forum I overwrite the old code yet keep the same name? Is this what you mean?

Have you ever tried/tested this?

Exactly. I have tried it and it does work. However, before you edit Phyllis2, just copy its contents into another sheet on pbase or to a text file on your comp and save it - just in case!

pstewart

Post Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:52 am

Thank you so much for the solution! Now I can redecorate whenever I like! YAY!

Board index PBase Feature Requests Changing Style of All Galleries at Once