Board index PBase Feature Requests Large panoramas and mosaics - congratulations - suggestions

Feature Requests

Large panoramas and mosaics - congratulations - suggestions

Request changes or modifications.
gurl

Large panoramas and mosaics - congratulations - suggestions

Post Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:29 am

<big>CONGRATULATIONS</big>

<b>Thanks to Slug and Pbase</b> I can show to others some of my very large panoramas using Pbase "original" size: those panoramas are uninteresting when "fitted" to screen size, difficult and expensive to print and banned from other photography sites...

My largest panorama is 45,000 x 2,000 pixels: I took 45 photos from the top of an old tower on the top of a hill in the South of French Alps. There is no doubt this is a wonderful place and my intention was just to to share the view of beautiful mountains, valleys, villages, farms, fields and more. Pixels count and corresponding download is just something we need to see them.

Anyways, if you doubt this is an acceptable way of practicing photography, look there:
http://www.tawbaware.com/maxlyons/index.html
http://www.caldwellphotographic.com/Mosaics.html

<big>SUGGESTIONS</big>

1) <b>A special symbol to signal a large file and the corresponding long download time</b>. This would be useful for any large photo - wide-angle photos sometimes need large files too.

2) When the panorama width is 10 or 20 times its height the result is a very small thumbnail (sometimes it's difficult to click!). I'm sure it would be possible to use two or more columns for a larger thumbnail (and I'm sure the only way to know how much programming work this needs is to write the corresponding program...)

3) I experimented that using an HTML table to make the browser "restitch" several JPEG as a single row is more pleasant for the viewer: he can see a meaningful part of the panorama (the leftmost part) while more JPEG are downloaded

Board index PBase Feature Requests Large panoramas and mosaics - congratulations - suggestions