Board index PBase Feature Requests Popular Galleries

Feature Requests

Popular Galleries

Request changes or modifications.
jsb

Popular Galleries

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:50 am

Yes you're right, looking at popular "All" does weed out a lot. I still think there are too many slots in the popular galleries (whatever time span) and even the all time popular galleries could be thinned out. But inspiration is in the eye of the beholder. That's a fact. But I appreciate the ability to filter which you have pointed out. Regards.

minoltaman

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:52 am

I agree on some of the lists having to many spots. Glad you found a few good galleries. :)

I think slug needs to make the filter button bigger so people can see to switch easier.

Cheers

andrys

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:11 am

minoltaman wrote:TO PROVE MY POINT :!: :!: :!: :!:

andrys words:
I have never checked "Popular Galleries" -- But I've been mesmerized by the "Example Galleries" on the home page -- these change each time and I have found some wonderful stuff !!!

WHOOOOOOAAAA HOLD THE DOOR.

Mezmerized huh???>>>>Well, the example lists is connected directly to the 90day popular gallery list :!: :!: :!:
. . .
Thanks for helping make my point on the value of voting and the 90day and all-time list.

Happy Viewing and Voting!!!!

I'm relatively new here. I was just giving my surprised reaction to people complaining about the Popular gallegies listing and had never seen it because I spend so much time with the Examples one.

Glad to get info they're linked to the Popular 90 day ones. It makes sense.

But, more, I'm disquieted by your abusive style postings to Pat. Maybe others here are used to that. Are you a member of PBase? If you are, you're representing them badly. Please stick to the subject instead of castigating members. Everyone likes to have their pictures seen or wouldn't post them online !

But, Pat is right (no matter how much she cares about exposure of her photos, and we all care about ours) that there is an interest in which of our photos is enjoyed the most.

I have photos on my own site (until PBase, which is such a boon), and there I get stats for each image or html page and am very intrigued by which photos intrigued people the most. When trying to decide which photos to cut (I'm very indecisive, liking qualities of each that are missing in another) this helps.

minoltaman

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:15 am

yes I have anout 6000 photos here and many popular galleries and about 1000 helpful posts to newbies.

Pat as you call her. I think you mean Phyllis has been carrying on for 500 posts, two months and 6 threads about the popular gallaries.

Not to mention Phyllis and I have a long history at several forums together.

So, read my posts, look at my galleries, check my history or something cuz yup, people do know me around here. I'm the *hole that puts the stop too the forum bs once it starts getting deep enough to smell real bad.

Cheers
Last edited by minoltaman on Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

minoltaman

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:18 am

I have photos on my own site (until PBase, which is such a boon), and there I get stats for each image or html page and am very intrigued by which photos intrigued people the most. When trying to decide which photos to cut (I'm very indecisive, liking qualities of each that are missing in another) this helps.

I plan to upload about 15,000-25,000 photos and take in all of the stats. Then I will start making my serious cuts. Till then you can check me out in the upload cue from about 10am to midnight everyday.

Cheers

PS...I am so sick of newbies making griping threads about the 7day list. It's been going on too long!

andrys

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:53 am

minoltaman wrote:

I plan to upload about 15,000-25,000 photos and take in all of the stats. Then I will start making my serious cuts. Till then you can check me out in the upload cue from about 10am to midnight everyday.

Cheers

PS...I am so sick of newbies making griping threads about the 7day list. It's been going on too long!

Be sick of newbies as you like to say, but you wouldn't be so sick of them if you weren't responsible for 90% of the posts here.

I wasn't "griping" about threads about the 7 day list and apparently Phyllis is no 'newbie' so what's your point. Instead of griping about us, continue your helpfulness and stop berating anything you happen not to like because maybe you're here too much, apparently.

I have been talking up PBase and trying to get photographer friends to join but I sure am not going to aim them at this forum after today's experience.

minoltaman

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:59 am

Pffft...don't yell at me, yell at stewy. Sounds like you have a personal problem to me.

see ya.

minoltaman

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:00 am

Just tell your friends to pay the $23 and stay out of the forums. This is a photography database, not a recreational complaint site.

Cheers

minoltaman

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:04 am

BTW, most of the newbies posts should have never been made . They don't read the threads, they don't use the searches, they don't use the faq or s's faq, the don't even look around at other posts on the main pages of the boards and they don't even search through their own control panel before they make posts. Then sometimes they make completely bogus statements to boot. Shewww....newbies. :lol:

andrys

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:22 am

minoltaman wrote:Pffft...don't yell at me, yell at stewy. Sounds like you have a personal problem to me.

see ya.

Wow 3 replies in a row, all proving that you can't stop for a minute. You start interesting photo-threads, but the rest of your stuff in the last couple of days I've looked is non-stop complaints about other people. It's too bad when forums are overrun by one person as you are tending to do.

minoltaman

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:59 pm

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, go play with stewy at inno please.

Thx

minoltaman

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:01 pm

Wow 3 replies in a row, all proving that you can't stop for a minute. You start interesting photo-threads, but the rest of your stuff in the last couple of days I've looked is non-stop complaints about other people. It's too bad when forums are overrun by one person as you are tending to do.

Better yet, go away to anywhere :!: :!: :!:

thx

ugot2bkdng

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:55 pm

Original comment deleted because too many posts were made before I could get this in and it didn't make any sense where it wound up in the grand scheme of things. :lol:

Some folks are just too fast with the multiple posts. :(
Last edited by ugot2bkdng on Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chuck

minoltaman

Post Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:01 pm

hahahahahahahah, now that's funny, and also bs. :lol: :lol: :lol: look at your time stamps :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

andrys

Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:02 am

minoltaman wrote:

Better yet, go away to anywhere :!: :!: :!:

thx

Slug may give you the run of the board, but you don't own it, much as you may think you do. So I will stay put because of others here, whose postings, unlike your hostile posts, ARE interesting.

Have run across some other, truly helpful people. Too bad you are allowed (or encouraged) to lambaste people you don't happen to like.
Such as "newbies" as you like to call them, using a forum that's offered to them.

It makes it look as if you speak for the pbase.com itself, and we'll see.
Perhaps you do.
Last edited by andrys on Wed Jan 07, 2004 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Feature Requests Popular Galleries