Board index PBase Feature Requests Favourite artists & voting

Feature Requests

Favourite artists & voting

Request changes or modifications.
britishbeef

Favourite artists & voting

Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:21 am

2 things!

1. I thought it would be nice to be able to see if anyone had added you to their favourite artists list.

2. Would it be possible for your images to show if they had been voted for and how many times.

Regards,

srijith

Re: Favourite artists & voting

Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:34 am

britishbeef wrote:2 things!

1. I thought it would be nice to be able to see if anyone had added you to their favourite artists list.

2. Would it be possible for your images to show if they had been voted for and how many times.

Regards,

1. One of my long standing feature request.
2. Nice suggestion. Would be nice to know that. Ego-boost :)

minoltaman

Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:17 pm

look at the popular phots list, italready tells the number of votes. all three of the lists do eveidently

ilanphoto

Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:36 pm

minoltaman wrote:

look at the popular phots list, italready tells the number of votes. all three of the lists do eveidently

But Don, I am sure your would appreciate a simple way to look at your image and see the number and not page through hundreds of other images just in the chance that one of your could be there. I know that this may be a bad example as you have some there but I don't know if I have as I do not have the time to page up and down. So I really think this is a nice feature.
It is not the most important feature I can think of but it is a nice one to have.

minoltaman

Post Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:50 pm

sorry, but I don't care to see my votes. it don't matter to me. if my stuff is good it will come up the lists eventually and then I will see it.

cheers

pstewart

Re: Favourite artists & voting

Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 3:50 am

srijith wrote:
britishbeef wrote:1. [...]

Regards,

1. One of my long standing feature request.
2. Nice suggestion. Would be nice to know that. Ego-boost :)

Not for "ego boost" so much, Sri, but more for useful info. I have asked for this feature also, because I would like to know what sort of pics in my galleries folks like, so I can aim to take more of that sort. I will always take pics to please just myself, of course, but too much subjectivity is not good for any artist, and this input would be very valuable, in my opinion. Others may not want this feature, but they wouldn't have to pay attention to it. Those of us who do want it, however, would use it, learn a lot and improve our galleries, I believe.

pmphotos

Though not one of my top 3 requests...

Post Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:10 am

I too would like this feature. And as was mentioned - if you didn't want it - you could ignore it.

lastpogo

See how many votes your images receive

Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:47 pm

Great idea. IMO, this would be a useful source of feedback not just an ego booster.

minoltaman

Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:59 pm

an anon. vote is not real feedback whatsoever. The feedback is judging yourself against your peers. Check the popular galleries at 90 and all-time to see what I mean.

when 4 friends cast a vote for a photo it means nothing.

gathering votes over tiime means your stuff is good, intersting, compelling or all three the above. Seeing a single number connected to nothing does not really mean a thing.

us.097982829092827872 cents worth

trying to pick the best photos from over 16 million is like finding a needle in a haystack...impossible almost. Fiding a few good galleries is, much, much, easier.

In the giood galleries you will find the good photos.

dazedgonebye

Favorites

Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:01 pm

I would also like to know if I am on someone's favorites.
I don't have that much up yet, and I seriously doubt I have an image or gallery with a vote, but I would enjoy the charge of knowing if I did.
I'm sure that for Don, seeing a single number would mean nothing. He no doubt has many votes for many of his galleries.
I, on the other hand, would be thrilled to know that one person cast one vote for me.

clickaway

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:19 pm

I feel the 'Favourites of the past 7 days' has really been skewed lately by all the Christmas and New Year party photos. They of course have a great value to those involved, but I imagine that a number of fellow partygoers voted for them and they appeared in the 'Favourite Galleries' ahead of some quite artistic work. I get quite a bit of positive feedback on my work but I'm not in any 'Favourite Gallery'. I won't be until sufficient people vote for me and I cannot influence that, can I?

Does anyone have any idea the least number of votes to be in the 7-day one. I think it may even be just one!

As for 'favourite artists'. I think that anyone who really enthuses over your photos will comment on it, perhaps more than once, and it will be obvious from that. Its one thing choosing you as a favourite artist, but quite another for your work to worth a comment.

Ray

Board index PBase Feature Requests Favourite artists & voting