Board index PBase Feature Requests Message bug?

Feature Requests

Message bug?

Request changes or modifications.
bobtrips

Message bug?

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:24 pm

I just noticed that I had two unread messages listed at the top of the forum page. One was from last November.

They do/did not show up on my 'personal page'.

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:30 pm

it's because there are two sets of pesonal messages.
the PMs in the forums and the ancient ones that are mentioned on your profile page.
intend to deprecate the old ones and just use the ones in the forum since they are better.

bobtrips

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:59 pm

Thanks slug,

Do you meant that you intend to eliminate the old personal message system? I don't grasp your meaning of 'deprecate' in this usage. (It didn't get used that way on my side of the Smokies. :wink: )

Whatever, I'd like to see a 'New Message' notification show bold on my profile page. I feel bad about not answering a question put to me last October.

thanks,
bob

srijith

Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:02 pm

slug wrote:it's because there are two sets of pesonal messages.
the PMs in the forums and the ancient ones that are mentioned on your profile page.
intend to deprecate the old ones and just use the ones in the forum since they are better.

If by ancient you mean the one that is shown in the profile page, I would suggest that you do not deprecate it, because the forum PM may not be used by many people who do not visit the forums. I for one use the personal page messageing system to talk to people on subjects related to their photographs and use the forum PM to talk only about forum related matters.

Board index PBase Feature Requests Message bug?