Board index PBase Feature Requests separate user controls for image comments and guestbook

Feature Requests

separate user controls for image comments and guestbook

Request changes or modifications.
kerrypierce

separate user controls for image comments and guestbook

Post Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:36 am

I'd like to have more control on who posts to my Guestbook. Right now, you can only control "comments" by having the same restrictions on image, gallery and guestbook comments. :(

All of the spam is directed at my guestbook, so I assume they're using a robot. I'd like to be able to more severely restrict the guestbook comments, without having the same restrictions on users that are actually viewing the images. :P
Kerry

dang

Post Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:42 am

Sorry I posted the same request on top of this.. I agree 100%. The reason is simple, they know we can't add a tracker into the guestbook as we do inside galleries. It's an easy target, and it's time for control. This should be easy to do, I'd think. And it should cut down on hudge amounts of spam. If someone wants a link, they should ask. I've been forced to add one in my guestbook, simply so I won't have to remove comment, after comment which I know comes from people who've never been inside my galleries. I'm tired of having to block friends from commenting because of such an easy thing to do. If I had my choice, the guestbook could be trashed. It's useless these days, imho.

EDIT: Well, adding the link didn't help since they came back anyway.
I've been outspoken about spam before, and all it's done so far is get me
"Joe Jobbed". Please add this feature!

Board index PBase Feature Requests separate user controls for image comments and guestbook