Board index PBase Feature Requests Directory listing doesn't remember route..

Feature Requests

Directory listing doesn't remember route..

Request changes or modifications.
pingu

Directory listing doesn't remember route..

Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:43 pm

This might be a tricky one to solve but, basically, I've got a couple of galleries set up that include sub-galleries. When in a sub-gallery and just browsing it's possible to go back to the route

Ie.. when browsing

/italy /pisa

I can click on the /italy and it'll take me back to the route. However, if I go in close on a picture in /pisa, the /italy section dissapears.

Any way of fixing this? I understand that it might be difficult given the nature of how the galleries are stored...

-Alex

srijith

Re: Directory listing doesn't remember route..

Post Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:24 am

pingu wrote:I can click on the /italy and it'll take me back to the route. However, if I go in close on a picture in /pisa, the /italy section dissapears.

Interesting.. I had not noticed this so far. I think, theoretically, it should be possible to do what you want. If I am not mistaken, the pictures are not stored on the server in the same directory structure. Images are all dumped together, but they have the knowledge of their container gallery. Since this container gallery knows who its upper gallery is, I think it would be possible to establish the dir relationship.

But then it would boil down to one more SQL query per image viewed, which could be large number of extra queries. Maybe that is why slug has not implemented it so far?

Board index PBase Feature Requests Directory listing doesn't remember route..