Board index PBase Feature Requests PaD Group

Feature Requests

PaD Group

Request changes or modifications.
dazedgonebye

PaD Group

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:08 pm

The number of people doing Picture a Day (PaD) is growing quite quickly. You might consider highlighting the best PaD effort somewhere.
Obviously PaD users are regulars and it would seem to benefit the site to encourage more of them.
In the short term, could a PaD forum be started here?

davballguy

PAD group

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:32 am

I agree. Jeanne and several others have done a wonderful job of keeping an updated list of the entire group, but it would be great if we could take the burden off them, and possible create a simple registration site, perhaps. I also like the idea of a PAD forum.

darter02

Post Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:36 am

A forum would be really cool! I've often thought about setting up a separate yahoo groups page for everyone but doing a forum here would make more sense. Image

I use Yahoo to chat a lot, so any fellow "PaDers" feel free to buzz me at the yahoo nickname I've listed below. (just hit the Yahoo button down there...)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

dexmadden

metaPaD

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:49 am

well, just extend the copy photo to other gallery feature a little bit.

Have a meta gallery, where users could create a spot in the gallery, and update their "dailies" whenever they want. Just like when you copy an
image to another one of your own galleries, it is only a link to the same image file, thus the metaPaD could exist without taking up additional resources!

Come on Slug, hook us up!
:-)
PaDdicts since July 2003

dazedgonebye

Meta gallery

Post Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:26 am

I think a PaD meta Gallery would work very well.

coastalva

Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:18 am

THANK YOU Steve for starting this
AND THANK YOU SLUG FOR DOING THE PaD UPLOAD PAGE!!!
:D :D :D

lizardbeth

Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:40 am

WOW!!!!!!! Whoo Hoo! Better than anything i could have thought of to ask for. THANKS!!! :D

jeannius

Yea! Slug ROCKS!

Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:46 am

So, We have a central links page! How does one make sure they are connected? Mr. Slug, please tell us more about your amazing page!! :P

Grateful in San Francisco,

Jeanne
:P

clickaway

Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:17 am

Yep, thanks for providing that, slug.

But I think PAD members need to remember that merely by viewing the image of the new links page, they will miss things, such as PAD extras, work in our other galleries and where we have loaded more one PAD that day, or where we are catching up on viewing.

Sure, this page is a great boost when we haven't got much time, but I would urge you all to see what else has been put up by fellow artists. In other words, the links page is great, but we also need to use the 'recent' button to see what else has been going on from our Favourite Artists, some of which may not be in our PAD group.

This is truly a great photo site!

Ray

rico101

Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:15 am

First off thxs to Jeanne and all those who've made it possible for the new links page. For that I thx Slug for the excellent work.

I agree with Ray in that just to look at the link and go no further would be to miss out on others work but personally speaking I've been missing peeps work due to not having the time to track and follow up on them. Hopefully this new link page will resolve that for me? The Favourute Artist page I'll be still using and of course I'll be able to keep that more current.

I use Avant browser and have it set to open with three or more 'tabbed' home pages, faves being one, the new Links page has also been added. So guess I'll can keep the best of both worlds current. Google ' Avant Browser' for more details - I'm a recent convert and don't know what I did b4 it

Great work Slug and all who made this possible. This PaD project has really made me think about photography more and maybe even improved it a little. Great to learn off others ideas - you're all 'THE' best

John

vid64

Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:52 pm

Wow! The new links page is great, but I'd like to know more about how it works. For example, Will we lose our links if we rename our gallery?

It's certainly going to save time looking at what everyone's been doing. What do we do with the time saved? A PotD / PAD forum would be good!

D

ziggers

Awesome!

Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:07 pm

This is just great!! I love the format of it. All very official!

Great to be a part of such a great group and a great site. Thanks fellow PAD'ers and Slug :D

angela :)

darter02

Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:12 pm

For those who don't know what everyone is so excited about, here is the link to the page we're all raving about... http://pbase.com/pad.html
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

i_fly

Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:58 pm

Thanks for this addition - it works great and much better than wathcing the list of favorites !

jeannius

Links vs. Favorites

Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:11 pm

The way I see it, the links gives you a quick view of the most recent work in the PAD gallery. If something catches your eye, you click on it and go to their galleries. Once in the gallery you are, of course, free to browse ALL the work, which is what I would normally do with those I have chosen as my favorites.

As for not seeing the rest of their galleries, there is no way to stop ME from peeking in to the RECENT sections of my fav's and seeing the going's on in their world! I love the central page, but also have no intention to ONLY look at their PAD's.

Can we get the LINKS to host more than 50, as their are about 110 of us at this point? (Or am I getting greedy!?) ANd how are people being CHOSEN to be on the links page, Have you grabbed them from MY links page? Because my list isn't 100% up to date anymore. THanks in advance for your help/enthusiasm in this effort!

Next

Board index PBase Feature Requests PaD Group