Board index PBase Feature Requests PaD Group

Feature Requests

PaD Group

Request changes or modifications.
argylemonkey

I sense some confusion ;-)

Post Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:58 pm

It seems that some of the people posting to the PAD galleries don't understand what the PAD really is. srlee's post made me realize this. I'll admit that it's not really spelled out anywhere except in the first paragraph at the bottom of the meta-PAD. The point of a PAD gallery is to take a photo a day, not to post a photo a day. This needs to be stated more clearly somewhere in order to avoid the confusion that we are experiencing now. :?

jeannius

Post Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:42 pm

Steve is right. It isn't clearly stated. I am sorry I was rude in my previous post, and I apologize for that, by the way. I changed it so as not to offend anyone else.

Remorsefully Yours,
Jeanne

srlee

Post Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:19 pm

[quote="jeannius"]Steve is right. It isn't clearly stated. I am sorry I was rude in my previous post, and I apologize for that, by the way. I changed it so as not to offend anyone else.

Thanks for the replies.

I guess I am still a bit confused, though. If the point is to take a picture every day but not necessarily post one every day, I am still unclear as to the purpose of the PaD? I generally do take a picture every day but don't typically post new ones with that frequency. Is the point to have a gallery named PaD where you stage new images before putting them into a different gallery, or..? Sorry for the foolish questions, but I am just not getting it.

Thanks.

- Stephen

srlee

Post Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:25 pm

OK, I looked around some more and I think I get it. The point is to take a picture each day and, eventually, you post them sequentially so that at, say, the end of the year, there is a full set of 366 (or 365) images. One per day. Not necesarilly post one a day, but eventually post one for each day of the year. That is why I don't see some PaDs with a new post each day (yet). I also suppose that not all PaDs are really PaDs either, which also explains some of what I saw.

Sorry for not getting this the first time. It is a nice concept.

- Stephen

argylemonkey

You got it now.

Post Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:12 pm

You've got it Stephen. Most people do update their PAD galleries each night, however, there are times that they may be busy or on vacation and end up posting several at a time. No hard feelings I hope. You should join the project since you almost already take a photo a day. I looked thorugh you galleries and think you'd be a great contributor to the group. And it's such a great learning experience to boot. :D
Last edited by argylemonkey on Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

srlee

Post Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:33 pm

Oh, no hard feelings at all. For whatever reason, I just did not get the concept. Simple enough, so not sure why I missed it.

Thanks for looking through my galleries.

The PaD is an intriging concept...I may indeed try it. Albiet, the right way this time... :-)

- Stephen

Previous

Board index PBase Feature Requests PaD Group