Board index PBase Feature Requests change timezone for the comments?

Feature Requests

change timezone for the comments?

Request changes or modifications.
compaz

change timezone for the comments?

Post Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:31 pm

I want to be able to change the timezone for the comments, to my timezone.

norbert06

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:31 am

yeah. that would be good. I'd like to have it too.

orillia

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:28 pm

Definitely, it would be nice to set the time to my time zone. Not just comments though. Everything, photos posted, forum posts. etc.

horsegoggles

Time Zones

Post Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:17 pm

I agree, it doesn't make much sense to list the time if it doesn't relate to the timezone of the viewer.

ryuji

Re: change timezone for the comments?

Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:30 pm

I'm a bit late to the game here, but I would also appreciate the ability set the timezone from within my profile. Also, having the right time on the server would be nice. It seems like it's 14 minutes fast right now. Thanks.

cits_4_pets

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:14 am

Ditto! Like to see times converted in my timezone as well as in 12 hour-AM/PM format instead of 24 hour. Thanks for considering.
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

goislands

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:13 am

cits_4_pets wrote:Ditto! Like to see times converted in my timezone as well as in 12 hour-AM/PM format instead of 24 hour. Thanks for considering.

God forbid, unless only you will see this horrible am/pm stuff on your personal screen.

If there is something in international business and travel, what caused grief and law suits, and even damaged careers, than these are the unholy am/pm ambiguous time specifications, and the equally unholy month/day reversal in US style time/date specifications. I cannot even count how often in my life me or someone else went into the "12am vs. 12pm trap," aside of a simple misunderstanding that someone would confuse (say) 4pm with 6, because 4pm is 16 in 24h system (not "16 hundred," its Hollywood! Its "16 o'clock," plain ans simple) But this is harmless compared to the cases in which contract delivery date will be confused by the US versus rest-of-the-planet convention with the US reversal of day and month number. NEVER EVER USE MONTH NUMBERS in business! Use always letter acronyms. "Delivery 08/02/08," states proposal from US. On the other side, Europeans or Japanese say, hm, Jan would be better, but 8.Feb is acceptable as well. And later in February as nothing comes, the nerves are tested and later only lawyers talk about who was to blame...

Thank you PBase for using 24h time system, thanks for this! Keep the good work, 6 Billion people will not change the 24h system, thus Americans should do just that, because they are less. Period. Lets count "the felonies":

1) in the US and only in the US we have the 12h ambiguous am/pm system,
2) in the US and only in the US we have Day,Month reversed in dates,
3) in the US and only in the US we have week starting with Sunday, whereas the standard for 2000 years is that Monday starts a week, Sunday ends a week. This is also a trap if you write down contracts with week numbers!! Be careful out there!
4) in the US we have the Fahrenheit temperature scale, and that one is bad, I still after 15 years here need a calculator to understand just how hot or how cold it is. How often goods were damaged due to wrong temperature? Do not ask.
5) in the US and only in the US we use gallons and not liters. And that can even cost lives! Recently an aircraft was refueled in Canada in liters instead of in gallons, what resulted in an emergency landing.

From little issues, like personal preferences or "national pride" (our Star Spangled Units versus their pesky Units,) this seemingly so harmless stuff can become a serious nuisance, or even life and death! Do not hope for a resolution in our life time...

Thomas

Board index PBase Feature Requests change timezone for the comments?