Board index PBase Feature Requests Updating Images Does not update EXIF Info...

Feature Requests

Updating Images Does not update EXIF Info...

Request changes or modifications.
ukexpat

Updating Images Does not update EXIF Info...

Post Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:22 am

Not sure if this is a feature request or a problem report...

Now that Adobe has updated ACR so that EXIF info is preserved, I have tried to update some of my images that were missing EXIF info. However, when I reuploaded the images from EDIT IMAGE, the new version of the image was uploaded just fine, but the EXIF info was not displayed. The only way that I could find to update image and EXIF was to delete the old image and upload the new one from scratch.

Thanks.

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:04 am

what you said is all correct.
it's a problem.

i was intending to fix this in the same project as the update to support adobe's xmp. but was overwhelmed by the complexity. (each camera handles things differently so there are many special cases to do things properly)
anyway, we're still working on it, and when i finish redoing the exif/xmp/etc extraction, i'll chew through all photos that don't currently have exif data in the database which should update older photos if possible.

-slug

jackcnd

Post Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:21 pm

Slug- any chance of a phased release to bring popular cameras on board first.

I'd think the highest % of those with XMP in jpgs from RAW/ACR on PBase would be Canon Digital Rebel and 10D owners. Probably 95% of the xmp jpgs on Pbase would be covered by those cameras which use the same data format.

ukexpat

Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:32 pm

slug wrote:what you said is all correct.
it's a problem.

i was intending to fix this in the same project as the update to support adobe's xmp. but was overwhelmed by the complexity. (each camera handles things differently so there are many special cases to do things properly) anyway, we're still working on it, and when i finish redoing the exif/xmp/etc extraction, i'll chew through all photos that don't currently have exif data in the database which should update older photos if possible.

-slug

Thanks slug. Keep up the great work -- pbase is the best gallery site around!!

wayne_n

Help Slug: Re-updating exif info problem

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:32 pm

I have an Olympus c770, and was using Breezebrower to resize the images (which was losing the exif info), and those are the images that I initially loaded up into pbase. I have since re-copied the exif info to those images on my computer, and want to get that exif into into my images on pbase.

I as well have tried re-uploading an image via the edit route, but the new exif info is not showing up in pbase.

Slug: is this the same issue that you responded to already in this thread? Do you see a resolution for me at some point?

At this point all I am really trying to do is to reserve the "hit count" of the images. I would be happy enough to just delete all of the images and then upload them again (with exif data this time) if I could, and then manually set the "hit counts" on the images. Can I reset the "hit counts" to something other than zero?

Thanks,
Wayne

Board index PBase Feature Requests Updating Images Does not update EXIF Info...