Board index PBase Feature Requests Knock, knock... Slug or Emily

Feature Requests

Knock, knock... Slug or Emily

Request changes or modifications.
tim32225

Knock, knock... Slug or Emily

Post Sun May 27, 2007 9:34 pm

Hello, is anybody home?

I was wondering if you can update us on what progress, if any, has been made on fixing the problem of
the exif on pbase always saying the camera flash was off, even when it was on. It has been a long time
since this bug was reported and many people have asked that it be resolved.

We haven't heard a peep about this, and it's really aggrivating that it's wrong on everyone's photos.

Can we get an update, please? Or should we assume that nobody is even looking at this problem?

Please just type a few words and let us know.

:) Thank you...

Tim

molly
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:33 pm

We are currently working on our EXIF extraction in order to avoid this problem. Also, don't worry the change will be retroactive, meaning that existing galleries with this error will be fixed as well. :)
Molly
PBase Team

andrys

Post Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:57 am

molly wrote:We are currently working on our EXIF extraction in order to avoid this problem. Also, don't worry the change will be retroactive, meaning that existing galleries with this error will be fixed as well. :)

That is REALLY good news.

I have two galleries from a time when no exif at all was taken :-)

It'll be neat to easily see if flash was actually used or not with some
Canons.

tim32225

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:18 am

molly wrote:We are currently working on our EXIF extraction in order to avoid this problem. Also, don't worry the change will be retroactive, meaning that existing galleries with this error will be fixed as well. :)

Thank you, Molly. I appreciate the update. It's good to know it's being worked on because it's really difficult to tell what's what with photos when you can't tell
if the flash really fired or not.

tim32225

Pbase Admin - Please give us an update on the EXIF issue...

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:45 am

Molly, Chris, Slug or Emily...

It's been almost 4 months since I asked the question, and it had been broken for quite a long time before that.

Can someone please let us know if you folks are 'really' working on a fix for this?

I know you were swamped with things to work on when you first disabled javascript a few months ago, and it was nice to get some issues fixed quickly that the javascript issue caused.

But it's been a long while since we've seen anything else happening around here.

Please let us know what's going on with the EXIF issue, and if/when it will really fixed.

Thank you,

Tim

tim32225

flash data still wrong in EXIF

Post Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:02 am

Hello!! is anybody home?

It's been almost 6 months and still no update on this. How complicated can it really be??

Any news or update would be appreciated.

Thanks

tim32225

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:20 pm

**Note that the quote from Molly above, is from JUNE 1st, 2007 (almost 7 months ago)

Why is there still no response on this question? It's been nearly 7 months and no fix, and not so much as an update on whether this is really being worked on, or if there is really any intention to fix it.

If you guys decided to ignore this problem instead of fixing it, please let us know.

tim32225

Is Pbase still IGNORING my request ??

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:03 pm

This is my monthly request for some one (ANYONE!) at pbase to respond to my question about fixing the EXIF problem.

It sure would be nice if Slug or Emily would take 60 seconds and reply to this thread. It's a question that Molly originally said on June 1, 2007 was being worked on. Now it's almost 8 months later and still no explanation from anyone at pbase, and still no fix.

Having correct EXIF data IS important to many people here, and imho, it's ridiculous that almost 8 months have passed and this has apparently not even been looked at by anyone at Pbase with any intention of investigating or fixing it.

The worst problem here is that there's no organized mechanism for customer feedback, and I think that says a lot about the management's lack of concern for what any of their customers want or need.

For a while it appeared that Slug and the gang were working on some things and there was even a sense of urgency to fix some problems after they started stripping javascript. That was nice and it showed what actually COULD be accomplished if pbase management actually got off their butts and did something about the problems here.

It's sad that except for that one-week period, it appears nothing has been done to fix anything else that's broken here, or add any other useful features.

I'm dying for someone in pbase management to respond to this post and prove me wrong. It would be a refreshing change.

HELLO !! IS NOBODY LISTENING???

tim32225 wrote:

**Note that the quote from Molly above, is from JUNE 1st, 2007 (almost 7 months ago)

Why is there still no response on this question? It's been nearly 7 months and no fix, and not so much as an update on whether this is really being worked on, or if there is really any intention to fix it.

If you guys decided to ignore this problem instead of fixing it, please let us know.

tim32225

Re: PLEASE fix EXIF

Post Mon May 12, 2008 12:43 am

Well, in about 2 weeks, I guess we can celebrate the anniversary of the request that pbase fix the problems with exif data. It has largely been ignored up until now, but I've recently seen the thread that suggests that it si finally being looked at.

So, now I am cautiously optimistic that this may someday be fixed. Hopefully that 'someday' will be soon.

Please, please.... pretty please

Tim

tim32225

15 months and still no reply and no fix

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:22 am

This is ricidulous, seriously.

Exif has been screwed up for about a year and a half and even though there have been a couple responses in this thread, the problem is still not fixed. It was posted that the exif extraction was being worked on, but it's been months since anyone has even mentioned that here, and it appears that this problem is just being ignored. It's no wonder so many people complain about poor service here. I can understand that this is a low budget operation, so few people here expect prompt fixes... but a year and a half?!?!?!? This is ridiculous.

Will the exif problem ever be fixed? I seriously doubt it.

SLUG ? EMILY ? Where the hell are you?

soenda

Re: Knock, knock... Slug or Emily

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:18 am

The news ain't great, but the topic has been addressed repeatedly.
http://form.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38495&hilit=exif

Perhaps you're not looking in the right place for follow up?
I did a forum search on the word exif and came up with scores of posts.
http://form.pbase.com/search.php?keywords=exif&terms=all&author=&fid[]=5&fid[]=9&fid[]=6&fid[]=7&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Seems to me that it's a matter of Pbase's principals focusing on priorities that may be different than yours.

akmc_in_au

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:10 am

soenda wrote:Seems to me that it's a matter of Pbase's principals focusing on priorities that may be different than yours.

If you ever figure out what those priorities are[1], I'm sure that there are a bunch of people out here who are just burstin' to know too...

[1] Other than the things that NoOutlet has kindly let us in on, and I don't have any doubt that the whole "reading Exif from all different brands and models" will indeed be a time consuming undertaking.

tim32225

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:40 am

akmc_in_au wrote:
soenda wrote:Seems to me that it's a matter of Pbase's principals focusing on priorities that may be different than yours.

If you ever figure out what those priorities are[1], I'm sure that there are a bunch of people out here who are just burstin' to know too...

[1] Other than the things that NoOutlet has kindly let us in on, and I don't have any doubt that the whole "reading Exif from all different brands and models" will indeed be a time consuming undertaking.

I don't disagree with this, but we were told about on June 1, 2007 (over 15 months ago) that this was currently being addressed, and yet there has been nothing but silence since then. No fix, and not even an update as to what is going on or why. It sure would be nice to get an update on what is going on, even if the problem is not going to be fixed very soon. It seems crazy to see the exif data on every photo say that the flash was OFF, even in photos where flash was used. I've been one who has constantly defended pbase when others complain about problems, but this one really has be frustrated, and it has simply been way too long.

The main point here is that nobody has bothered to post any information or any kind of status report.

sheila

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:27 am

Still no one at home, Tim!

Sheila
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

photopropaganda

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:45 pm

Well,

I really do not cvare so much about if the flash info bug has been repaired or not. I never show my exif info, only for test shots.
However, I do care that answering questions from users are ignored...for a very long time.

Michel

Next

Board index PBase Feature Requests Knock, knock... Slug or Emily