Board index PBase Feature Requests Favorite Filing System

Feature Requests

Favorite Filing System

Request changes or modifications.
jcboyd

Favorite Filing System

Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:54 pm

Who to put into my Favorite Artist list. Way to many to keep track of. A system where I could file my favorite - nature, abstract, animals, IR artist etc. in different folders.

Can this be done?

I realize many artists would fall into several areas. When looking for a particular artist it is difficult with so many in my list.

john
Photography Is More - Than Just Clicking The Shutter!
http://www.pbase.com/jcboyd

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:03 am

as part of the upcoming access control system (password protection)
we've created a usergroup management page which lets you create arbitrary lists of users.
the point of this as related to access control is so you can allow a usergroup certain access to a gallery. then you don't have to bother with a password if you have specific people you want to give access to.

but usergroups will have various other uses including ones i'm sure i haven't thought of.
we'll be replacing the current Favorites with a usergroup. but the favorites page will be modified so you can choose which usergroup to show recent uploads for. that should let you do exactly what you were requesting.

another change will be that usergroups can be marked as public or private.
right now your favorites are not public. but with public lists, things like Srijith's FoaF concept will be possible.

can't promise an exact date,but this isn't all vaporware. the usergroups and password management pages are all finished.

-slug

wsolum

I second the request for groupings for favorite artists ...

Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:42 am

It would also be nice to flag particular galleries rather than just the artist as a whole. Need to have folders to store galleries/favorite artists such as "To review", "Portraiture", "Landscapes", "Panoramas", etc.

Board index PBase Feature Requests Favorite Filing System