Board index PBase Feature Requests Private gallery shows up in recently updated galleries!

Feature Requests

Private gallery shows up in recently updated galleries!

Request changes or modifications.
jchaney

Private gallery shows up in recently updated galleries!

Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:00 am

I uploaded some personal images to a private gallery yesterday that were intended to be viewed by a doctor. I haven't even sent the URL yet and the gallery has 65 hits! :x They aren't embarasing or anything, but it's not something I'd like the whole world to see.

I loged out of my account and noticed that if I go to my profile page and click recent galleries, there it is. Please fix this.

pmphotos

Which gallery?

Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:06 pm

If you don't mind me asking. I don't see any galleries in your "recently updated" list that aren't public.

castledude

Post Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:26 am

Actually I do see the hidden gallery, His tree view does not show the directory at the top of the list in his recently viewed.

Probably you created the directory public, moved files to it and then converted it to private by that time the name had been spread by PBASE.

Or you may have been caught in the cycle. It has been reported that when you create a directory if it is public and it has files in it, it will remain public for up to 24 hrs (?) after changing from public to private.

You need to create the directory as private and then upload to it or change it to private and wait 24 hrs before uploading.

BTW that directory name is now compromised (people could have bookmarked it, and once on the list is takes quite a while to cycle off). So you might want to create another empty hidden directory now so it is ready when you need it.

All this will go away soon (when password protected directories are provided).

Board index PBase Feature Requests Private gallery shows up in recently updated galleries!