Board index PBase Feature Requests PicLens Support

Feature Requests

PicLens Support

Request changes or modifications.
donrobodroid

PicLens Support

Post Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:46 am

One thing that has taken me by storm is the browser plugin PicLens. As some of pbase's competitors are already featuring it, I think it would be nice if we could have it as well... :)

Try it with e.g. Google Images:
http://www.piclens.com/site/ie/

Yours Truly,
- Don [:-]

djwixx

Post Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:04 pm

nooutlet
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:30 pm

Yes, I agree too.

I installed it when I saw the first thread and it really is great. Then I emailed them about giving support to PBase(since it appears that THEY are supporting Flickr, Facebook, Google Images, Yahoo! Images, etc. as opposed to those places supporting PicLens).

Here was their reply:

Thanks so much for using PicLens!

We are taking some initiatives to encourage webmasters to enable their sites for PicLens. We hope to add more sites shortly. We're keeping a list of user requests, and will add pbase.com to the list! :) Thank you for your suggestion!

Kind regards,
Alec & The PicLens Team
- Hide quoted text -

On Jan 25, 2008 11:33 AM, Jon Anderson <squiggs.jonny5@gmail.com> wrote:

I was wondering if there is any plan to add PBase support for PicLens? I love the way PicLens makes galleries look and it would be a great new way to browse Pbase.com

Squiggs

This again makes it sound like it's up to us, yet look at their "What's new" info on the right side of their main page:
Added support for MySpace, DeviantArt, and much more

The only thing we can do is make support for PicLens Lite which isn't nearly as nice.

donrobodroid

Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:44 pm

Hey great! :D

So would it help our cause if we all emailed cooliris asking them for pbase support?

Yours Truly,
- Don [:-]

nooutlet
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:17 am

I suppose it might. The email bothers me because it makes it sound like giving them feedback will only encourage them to encourage us to provide support for them. But how are we to do that? Unless they were only talking about PicLens Lite. I don't know, is there something I'm missing?

shinyphotographer

Re: PicLens Support

Post Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:56 pm

If you check out http://piclens.com/lite/webmasterguide.php
you'll see that PicLens needs the support of PBase webmasters to help PBase enable its site. Ultimately, PBase has control of its code so keep emailing PBase!

nooutlet
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:32 am

Ah, I'd forgotten about this thread. A lot has been cleared up since I last saw this thread. I know how to enable PicLens on a webpage and I've been working to make it fit nicely with all the rest of the code we've got. I've got it working fine on my server(if maybe a little sloppy), but getting it to work on other servers is proving more difficult. I can't wait to see the live recent galleries in the photo wall, myself.
Please don't keep emailing PBase about PicLens; we know about it and have got code to get it going. If you'd like, email nooutlet@pbase.com if you want to tell me how much you want PicLens. I don't get enough emails from you all there; I mostly just get automatic bot emails telling me the forum went down.

NoOutlet

sbbish

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:08 pm

nooutlet wrote:<snip>Please don't keep emailing PBase about PicLens; we know about it <snip>

Yeah, definitely no point in continuing to e-mail PBase about it. There are feature requests they've known about for years that they still aren't doing anything about. Clearly the squeaky wheel doesn't really get any grease.

cincyimages

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:11 am

OK there is now a PicLens option under our Pbase Settings but when I click on the check box and update the profile the check disappears? Pbase is this feature enabled yet?
http://www.cincyimages.com

Nikon D300
Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8, Nikkor 70-200mm 2.8, Nikkor 18-200mm, Nikkor 50mm 1.8D, Sigma 10-20mm, Nikon SB-800

dang

Post Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:16 am

Board index PBase Feature Requests PicLens Support