Board index PBase Feature Requests sell photo option for pbase coming soon? (as promised)

Feature Requests

sell photo option for pbase coming soon? (as promised)

Request changes or modifications.
photobuss

sell photo option for pbase coming soon? (as promised)

Post Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:05 pm

I dont know if I am looking in the wrong places or not but I cant find a clear answer if we will be able to sell photos soon. I was under the understanding that after the framing option selling was to follow

HELP... I like pbase but will not stay with a company that doesnt honour its promises
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Kevin
http://www.pbase.com/photobuss

jjarboe1

Re: sell photo option for pbase coming soon? (as promised)

Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:32 pm

I too wish they would finally get the prints sales option running, seem Pbase that been promising this for sometime

53digital

Post Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:23 am

The thing is, there is already a way, which is to get a paypal account and embbed the paypal buttons in the page for your image.

Here is an example of how that looks:

http://www.pbase.com/53digital/image/91531932

The problem is having to manually add that code to each and every image you upload. As far as I am concerned if they came up with a way of being able to include that in the upload process I would be more than happy.

My suggestion would be each image has an option to determine whether it is for sale or not. You can select that on upload for the whole set of images you are uploading.

You have a separate 'selling' config where you determine sizes, options (mounted/unmounted, matte/glossy) and prize.

This config can either be general, or applied to specific galleries. (just like styles).

Et voila.

photopropaganda

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:26 am

Many people are waiting for this option to be included...so time to bumb up this promise again.

sbbish

Post Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:50 pm

photopropaganda wrote:Many people are waiting for this option to be included...so time to bumb up this promise again.

Careful...Nooutlet gets touchy when people do this. This thread just might end up getting locked. :wink:

arshutterbug

PBase printing service needed

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:03 pm

I am also anxiously waiting for this printing service. I already pay for a separate print shop service, but it is not very convenient because it requires a separate upload queue and the separate interface requires too much time to sort the images for a PBase-like appearance. What happens is that my sales site looks like the other oversized business sites on the Web, where they dump hundreds of files onto a single set of browsable pages and claim to process the files only after a purchase is made, and I don't like that appearance.

It would make things much simpler if PBase would offer a printing contract, even if it required that the photographer manually approve the orders. The PBase software could limit the display size of the Original image, while the actual original image that was intended for printing could be stored separately and only available for the purpose of printing. What I need is a way for PBase to collect shipping information and payment details, and to have a print mailed directly to a customer.

photobuss

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:19 am

when will the keepers of pbase understand that we the users are the customers. Pbase is a great format but promises must be honoured in order to keep customer loyalty
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Kevin
http://www.pbase.com/photobuss

shawnkraus

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:43 pm

Still wondering if this option will ever be implemented. There was a great deal of talk about this when I joined a couple years back. It was one of the reasons I remained with pbase. Is this still something being looked at or just another pbase fantasy?

reneg

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:11 pm

I'd love to see that too.

I've looked at other photo hosting sites and I have to say that I like pBase's simplicity of the Galleries; if we could sell our photos it would be even better.

sheila

Post Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:41 pm

I got tired waiting for PBase to start this so I now sell prints on RedBubble (offices in US, UK and Oz). You even get your own "bubblesite" for nothing. You set the mark up on the price of the prints.

http://sheilasmart.redbubble.com/

Conflict of interest note: Apparently I get a small commission for introducing folk to RB which I feel very uneasy about so don't use my name as a reference :oops:

Sheila
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

halesr

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:55 am

I'm with Sheila at RedBubble

http://www.redbubble.com/people/renehales

It is free and it is easy.

Rene

shawnkraus

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:16 am

Another year has come and gone and still no ability to sell images here at Pbase. Yes I know there are other ways to sell images such as the places mentioned by others but it would have been nice to have it available on site like some of the other sites out there.

suephoto

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:29 pm

I've looked at sites that offer this option but it costs a lot of $$$$ I prefer to deal with my clients personally instead.

photopropaganda

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:21 pm

I don't mind at all when PBase asks for some kind of fee or percentage, for this kind of service, or use a partner company to handle the administrative and payment part which we alternatively can use.

When I joint PBase I got the impression that this service was above the average photo hosting site and that it was more aimed at the (semi) professional user, I'm absolutely wrong.
By this not saying that PBase is bad in relation to the services you pay for, I just expected more, especially from the people behind PBase in replying to their customers (us.)

suephoto wrote:I've looked at sites that offer this option but it costs a lot of $$$$ I prefer to deal with my clients personally instead.

steven_hight

Post Wed May 20, 2009 10:20 am

Mmmm.
Have watched and waited like many others who's comments precede my own.
At the beginning it didn't matter, I just enjoyed the opportunity of presenting my own internet presence via PBase.
But times are a changing - and in the Photography business, it changes FAST.

I have a need to move images onto Customers via an e.commerce system ~ and it is a damn shame this is not an option HERE.
An option that I would have NO PROBLEM paying more for if it were available.
PBase has been a wonderful experience, but EVOLUTION is essential for survival.

To the top of the que of "Would be nice Options" please.

Next

Board index PBase Feature Requests sell photo option for pbase coming soon? (as promised)