Board index PBase Feature Requests Please advise when IPTC support will be added.

Feature Requests

Please advise when IPTC support will be added.

Request changes or modifications.
vgulati

Please advise when IPTC support will be added.

Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:08 pm

thank you.

dang

Re: Please advise when IPTC support will be added.

Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:36 am

There was a post sometime back asking what people would like extracted from the exif info, and I'm not sure anyone asked for this at the time. But I'm wondering what type of support you're referring to? I checked your galleries, and all of your 126 images are locked. It wouldn't be a usable feature unless you have publicly displayed photos anyway.

vgulati

Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:40 pm

I'm looking for PBase to extract and give the option to display standard IPTC fields such as Caption, Title, Keywords, Location etc. in the same manner EXIF data is displayed today on the image pages.

This is not a showstopper item, in the end it's about the pictures, but being able to convey some metadata to the viewer is important. And having to retype image titles online when it was already done in the image cataloging process is a waste of time. Importing of IPTC data will also improve search results on PBase.

Fact is PBase is WAY behind on this one. This is basic and we should not have to keep asking for this in 2008!

As for the locked galleries, I'm in the process of building my galleries so I have them locked for the moment...

jesusrcr

Post Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:45 pm

Hi to all,

And what about PBase automatically reading the keywords encapsullated in the jpeg files ?. I don't know if those are IPTC data, but I know that in Lightroom I create and assign keywords to photos, then I export the photos as JPEG files, and that Windows Vista explorer can read and show those keywords, and also Adobe Bridge. So in some way they are encapsullated in the JPEGs.

I think it would be a good idea.

Regards.

Board index PBase Feature Requests Please advise when IPTC support will be added.