Board index PBase Feature Requests Disable Google Analytics if you are browsing logged in

Feature Requests

Disable Google Analytics if you are browsing logged in

Request changes or modifications.
imopen

Disable Google Analytics if you are browsing logged in

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:07 pm

Hi,
I hope it was not a faq, I've tried to search about it but found nothing.

It would be nice if Google Analytics code wasn't appended at the end of page if you (the owner of the account) are browsing your own pages logged in. Doing so we wouldn't have stats on Google Analtycs polluted with our own "steps". :roll:

Is it possible? :?:

Thanks in advance,
Omar

p.s. sorry for my english, I hope you could understand what I mean

akmc_in_au

Re: Disable Google Analytics if you are browsing logged in

Post Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:24 am

imopen wrote:Hi,

It would be nice if Google Analytics code wasn't appended at the end of page if you (the owner of the account) are browsing your own pages logged in. Doing so we wouldn't have stats on Google Analtycs polluted with our own "steps". :roll:

With Google Analytics' main competitor (StatCounter, which (having used both of them) I consider to be a better service) you have the option of either creating a cookie for yourself, or blocking yourself based on your IP address. However to be honest I've not been able to get the blocking cookie to work, and always block myself based on IP address. (The only down side is that I don't have a static IP address and need to reset it in my StatCounter profile every time I reboot my modem.)

I haven't been able to find the cookie option on Google Analytics, but on your home page (after you log in to Google Analytics) you should see a link to "Filter Manager". That will in turn give you the option of creating an "Exclude" filter, in which you can enter your IP address. Your results should then exclude your own browsing.

imopen

Re: Disable Google Analytics if you are browsing logged in

Post Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:45 pm

akmc_in_au wrote:
imopen wrote:Hi,

With Google Analytics' main competitor (StatCounter, which (having used both of them) I consider to be a better service) you have the option of either creating a cookie for yourself, or blocking yourself based on your IP address. However to be honest I've not been able to get the blocking cookie to work, and always block myself based on IP address. (The only down side is that I don't have a static IP address and need to reset it in my StatCounter profile every time I reboot my modem.)

I haven't been able to find the cookie option on Google Analytics, but on your home page (after you log in to Google Analytics) you should see a link to "Filter Manager". That will in turn give you the option of creating an "Exclude" filter, in which you can enter your IP address. Your results should then exclude your own browsing.

Thanks for the answer akmc. :wink:

I know the possibilty to filter by IP address, but not only I don't have a static IP address but I connect to my pbase account from different networks and computers (home and office mainly) too.

My solution, don't append the Google Analytics code when you are logged in your account and are browsing your page would solve the problem... and I don't think it was so difficult to code.

I know, it's not a live-or-die problem, but it will be nice feature. :)

Board index PBase Feature Requests Disable Google Analytics if you are browsing logged in