Board index PBase Feature Requests Add Canon G10 to the Camera List

Feature Requests

Add Canon G10 to the Camera List

Request changes or modifications.
gsansoucie

Add Canon G10 to the Camera List

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:59 am

I just checked and the Canon G10 isn't in the Camera search list yet and they've started shipping.

djwixx

Re: Add Canon G10 to the Camera List

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:36 pm

There may be some gray market G10s out there but I don't think it's out for general distribution yet.

gsansoucie

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:02 am

I didn't realize Best Buy sold Grey Market.

Oh well, I will have to rely on Flickr for now, the new "Old Faithful". ;)

djwixx

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:08 am

gsansoucie wrote:I didn't realize Best Buy sold Grey Market.

Oh well, I will have to rely on Flickr for now, the new "Old Faithful". ;)

They hit the market within a few days of my comment, and my search at the time only showed suppliers that I know sell gray market. Hopefully we'll get to see some samples soon to determine whether I get a G10 or not!!!

molly
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:59 pm

Hey everyone!

In any case - I added this camera to the database here:

http://www.pbase.com/cameras/canon/powershot_g10

Let me know if you all have any other questions!
Molly
PBase Team

djwixx

Post Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:47 pm

molly wrote:Hey everyone!

Thanks Molly.

isolaverde

Post Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:24 am

molly wrote:Hey everyone!

Here's a question for you, if I may?

When will the image database next be updated, so that the G10 pictures posted on the site begin to appear there?

Similarly, under Panasonic, there are only 470ish pictures from the TZ5 and just one from the TZ4 - counts that don't appear to have increased for months, although I know I've almost doubled the TZ5 numbers singlehandedly!

Can you tell us what's going on please? Unless the pictures get picked up, there's surely very little point in adding further entries to the camera database?

Peter

nkirby
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:38 pm

isolaverde wrote:Here's a question for you, if I may?

When will the image database next be updated, so that the G10 pictures posted on the site begin to appear there?

Similarly, under Panasonic, there are only 470ish pictures from the TZ5 and just one from the TZ4 - counts that don't appear to have increased for months, although I know I've almost doubled the TZ5 numbers singlehandedly!

Can you tell us what's going on please? Unless the pictures get picked up, there's surely very little point in adding further entries to the camera database?

Peter

Thanks for mentioning this, we had a couple cameras that weren't being updated with random photos. That should be fixed now and you should see many more photos linked from the cameras page after the script is run again, which will be overnight today most likely.

isolaverde

Post Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:34 pm

nkirby wrote:
Thanks for mentioning this, we had a couple cameras that weren't being updated with random photos. That should be fixed now and you should see many more photos linked from the cameras page after the script is run again, which will be overnight today most likely.

Seems to have worked for the G10 and TZ4, but I think not in the case of the TZ5 ??

No great rush, just be nice sometime! Thanks for getting it moving though,
Peter

nkirby
PBase Admin
PBase Admin

Post Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:54 pm

isolaverde wrote:
nkirby wrote:

Seems to have worked for the G10 and TZ4, but I think not in the case of the TZ5 ??

Peter

Thanks again, that one got overlooked accidentally but it should update the next time that is scheduled.

isolaverde

TZ5 - almost 4 weeks later

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:41 am

nkirby wrote:
isolaverde wrote:
nkirby wrote:

Peter

Thanks again, that one got overlooked accidentally but it should update the next time that is scheduled.

Don't suppose there's any chance of looking into why this still hasn't happened?

Peter

isolaverde

Thanks!

Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:14 am

Update has clearly run and worked as the TZ5 is now showing 1783 images

Thanks, Peter

Board index PBase Feature Requests Add Canon G10 to the Camera List