Board index PBase Feature Requests Slideshow disable

Feature Requests

Slideshow disable

Request changes or modifications.
madlights

Slideshow disable

Post Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:18 am

Although the included slideshow is nice (the one next to the thumbnails-list not the auto one we can program ourselves) I'd like a way to be able to disable it. If I understand correctly hits are not counted when it's run...and this hurts google rankings I think. I also like when people look at my photos one at a time and think it inspires comments..I never use the slideshow function when viewing other peoples pics. So I'd like a way to be able to disable it, even if it doesn't adversely affect hits. Maybe there is a way, but not aware of it. Thanks.

flemmingbo

Re: Slideshow disable

Post Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:00 am

I don't know of a way to disable it sorry, I remember looking into this before. If it had a css class at least we could just hide the link...but it doesn't so that doesn't work either, bugger!

regards,

Flemming Bo
Flemming Bo Jensen Photography
Gallery: http://www.pbase.com/flemmingbo
My photography blog: http://flemmingbo.wordpress.com

madlights

Re: Slideshow disable

Post Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:02 pm

Thanks Bo. I've thought that too about hiding it in the CSS...but then realized. It seems to photographers in investing their time and effort in a site such as PBase...that the most important thing is to get people to see their works. If having the slideshow, negatively has an effect on hits as it is my understanding that it does (since it doesn't count them)...I think PBase is working to opposite ends by not letting us disable it...and you think as myself it seems. I know since it has been enabled it seems my hits have fallen by approximately 1/2 and some of my galleries that were ranked high on google searches have gone down. Whether this is due to the slideshow, PBase slowness, the increasing number of photo sites, or just people being tired of looking at my stuff, I'm not sure. Anyway thanks much. Best regards.

Board index PBase Feature Requests Slideshow disable