Board index PBase Feature Requests Not renewing my membership

Feature Requests

Not renewing my membership

Request changes or modifications.
lewinp

Not renewing my membership

Post Wed May 06, 2009 4:50 pm

After being an active member of P-Base since 2004, I have decided to allow my membership to expire this June over the disappointing lack of technical improvement to the site.

I posted concerns last year over how slow it was to upload photos, and how outdated the interface was compared to Flickr or Facebook, which offer drop and drag photo management and much easier text control - and are free. From the responses I got and similar posts, it appears feedback such as this has fallen on deaf ears.

To be fair there have been some small incremental improvements over the years, but the bottom line is P-Base has not shown a commitment to keep up with the times. Or listened to its users. A quick scan of the forums shows the similar frustration of other users.

I know not everyone will agree and I fully respect that the fee might seem worth it to other users, but for me I no longer see the value of paying for P-base membership, or for that matter supporting a website that is not keeping up with technology.

Incidentally, i still think this is a great community and will continue as a guest viewing other people's work - that is what I value about P-Base. But I see no value in paying for a slow, clunky interface and a few gallery backgrounds and site statistics. You might ask yourself if you do, too.

shawnkraus

Re: Not renewing my membership

Post Mon May 11, 2009 10:59 pm

Where else can one go for the same price of Pbase and still get the same wonderful quality of service?

akmc_in_au

Re: Not renewing my membership

Post Thu May 14, 2009 10:09 pm

lewinp wrote: But I see no value in paying for a slow, clunky interface and a few gallery backgrounds and site statistics. You might ask yourself if you do, too.

Yeah. I'd much rather go to Flickr where I have the choice of one gallery background. Theirs. Where the display of their brand name and colour scheme is more important than the display of my image.

Show me a better site (for presenting photos, not for presenting eye candy Flash fly-outs which just happen to have (arbitrarily resized) photos in them somewhere), and I'll follow you there.

Board index PBase Feature Requests Not renewing my membership